Chapter Three

As I return to my room. I change into the outfit that I just purchased as I think of what I just saw. It couldn't possibly be Tyler. He was put behind bars for life. Not for a few weeks. Plus we are on the other side of Jericho... why would he be here? I think as I lace up my platform boots. I smile at the thought of spending time with Xavier. It is alarming that he makes me feel happy just by seeing him, but he does. I am not sure how feelings work but I am pretty sure I want to learn with him. I sigh as I stand. I pull out my phone from the small bag that I packed. I place it on my nightstand and pose for a picture to send to Enid. She sends back an emoji that I am unsure of the meaning of. But I forget that for the moment and start to fix my braids. I hear a small knock and feel my stomach churn.

"Wednesday? It is Uncle Fester and 'Thing' can we come in?"

"Come in Fester." I say with a slight smirk.

"Well look at you my little firefly. Why are you so dressed up?"

"Xavier asked me on a date." I say calmly. Uncle Fester smiles and gives me a slight hug that I do not return.

"Still not a hugger. I thought you grew out of that in your early years?" I shake my head. He smiles. "Well have fun my dear."
"Thank you, Uncle Fester." Thing drops from his shoulder and scurries across the floor towards me.

"Yes, Thing?"

He starts to tap frantically. You are finally coming out of your shell and you said you didn't like him.

"I know. I am coming out of my shell and I lied." He gives me a thumbs up and then scurries off. I smirk.

I look at the clock, 7:58. Close enough. I walk to my door and hold the handle. I twist it slowly and then it is open and I have no other choice but to walk across the hall to his door. I start to walk my feet moving slowly. Then I reach his door, the wood seeming much more interesting than anything else now. But I seem to have no control because then I am knocking on the wooden door. The door swings open and he is standing right there. Xavier Thorpe is standing in front of me about to take me on a date. On my first date ever.