Chapter Four

Wednesday POV
I walked down the steps of my childhood home and to the car that seemed to follow me through my many eventful adventures. Lurch opens the door and I step inside.

"'Thing' are we ready for another eventful year at Nevermore Academy?" I say. He taps 'yes' back. I smirk. Nevermore Academy - 7.9 miles away. Only 7.9 miles away from my first ever friend and my first ever more than friend. For some reason I have grown to love this school... and I don't think that will ever change.

But I think the reason I love it may change me.

The drive to Nevermore was fast... yet not fast enough. I arrive at the gates and walk up the front steps. I am met by my roommate, Enid.

"Hey, roomie!" she yells running to me with the biggest smile on her face. I smirk lightly and she looks behind me. I turn to meet Xavier. I smile and walk closer to him. He intertwined his fingers in mine and smiled.

"This is so not you... I think he is changing you." Enid says. I look at her confused. "In a good way." she finishes.
"Last year... you wouldn't even hug me... and now you are holding hands with a boy. Wednesday Addams you are not yourself." Enid says.

"I am a better version... now that I have someone next to me." I say. I look up at him and he smiles.

"Oh you left your painting at my house." I say and he shakes his head.

"I left it there for you. I want you to keep it." he says. I smirk.

"My little death-trap... where is your dorm again... and why did you bring this?" he says. I walk over to him and cover the painting with the cover once more.

"I brought it because Enid says I need to makeover my side of the room. And it's Ophilia Hall, up the steps and to the left." I say. Xavier laughs.

"You brought the painting?" he says.

"Yes... I was planning to return it to you and now that you want me to keep it... it is going in my room."

He smiles, grabbing my waist and hugging me. I smile lightly. Enid laughs.

"It is good to see you like this."
"Like what?" I say.

"Happy." she says. I smirk.

"I never expected the day to come either." I say back.

"Well, I have to go unpack... see you later?" Xavier says.

"Sure. And just so you know... I was right..." I say.

"Oh yeah about what?" he says, crossing his arms.

"I didn't miss you." I say. He scoffs.

"Please, Wednesday Addams... you missed me you just can't let yourself admit it." he says with a grin plastered on his face. I stand crossing my arms with a stone face. After multiple minutes of standing there in silence, staring at his eyes, I finally break.

"Fine. I missed you. Is that what you want?" I say and he smiles once more.
"Yes thank you." he says with that snarky 'I am right' smile. I roll my eyes.

"I will see you later, Xavier." I say and start to walk up the steps.

I walk up the steps with Enid next to me. She looks at me multiple times and I stay stone faced.

"Okay. Cut it. I need details, girl!" She says the moment the door of the dorm closes behind us. I look at the large painting in the corner still covered in the white sheet and smirk lightly.

I walk over to her bed and tap the spot next to me lightly. She squeals and jumps on the bed. I explain what happened over the short break and she interrupts constantly but quickly stops and continues to listen. I finish and she turns to the painting.

"He painted you two dancing?!" She almost screams. I nod. She stands. "Can I see it." I stand and walk over to it. I uncover it and hold it up. She smiles wide.

"I think he is in love, Wednesday."she says. I smirk. I quickly hang the painting on the wall, next to my bed. Before getting into pjs and into bed. I text Xavier for almost half an hour before I fall asleep happily.

I wake the next morning with a small smile on my face. Classes start today, which thankfully I have most with either Enid or Xavier. I change into my black Nevermore Academy uniform and slide my book bag over my shoulder. I walk over to Enid's side of the room and shake her awake.

"Enid... we have class." I say she moans.
"Get up." I say once more, I then stand and walk to the door. I open and see Xavier about to knock.

"Well, Good morning."

"Good Morning." I say back to him. Enid falls off the bed and Xavier laughs. I smile lightly as his dimples show. I move so he can come in the dorm and he walks inside. He and 'Thing' share a high-five and Enid falls back into a loud slumber. I roll my eyes and look back to Xavier.

"I was wondering if we could walk to the assembly together?" he says after a moment. I nod.

"Have you been told who the new principal is?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"I haven't a clue who they would get to replace Weems. She was an amazing principal."

"I agree." The door swings open as my Mother and Father enter.

"My little death trap... I have some news." Gomez says he says happily. I look at him confused.

"What is that?" I ask and he smiles devilishly. I groan.

"I am your new principal." He says. I look at them with evil eyes.

A/N: Short chapter but it is a plot twist lol! Enjoy!