PROLOGUE

118 AC~

118 AC~

↞↞↞⋅⊰⋅•⚬☽☾☀☽☾⚬•⋅⊱⋅↠↠↠

It was a beautiful morning in Pentos today. Sun was shining bright over the horizon. Everything in this city seemed in its right place. Even in the manse, some were busy preparing the lunch while some were making sure the manse was spotless as the master of the manse didn't want to upset their guests. Mostly because their guests are the riders of the two most deadly battle dragons in Westeros.

Amongst this calm surrounding, a girl was ceaselessly running towards the main hall. Anyone that she passed would stop to wonder about the urgency behind her fast footing, but continued their chore after saying a quiet prayer hoping everything will be alright.

Aiday wasn't seeing much clearly and even felt difficult to breathe but she couldn't stop. At last she reached the hall. After making a quick knock, she barged inside and straight went to stand in front of them.

Princess Laena Velaryon flinched at this sudden invasion while Prince Daemon Targaryen plainly raised his eyes from the book he was previously occupied with.

"She- she is trying to feed Caraxes, standing way too close," She tried to speak and breathe at the same time.

"Who?" Princess Laena was already on her feet.

"Princess Maenya...the dragon seems in a foul mood, he has already eaten three of the Pentoshi guards since the morning." She sounded so worried about the princess.

He was only waiting for her words to be completed as Daemon rose from his seat and rushed towards the gate. He clearly remembers how his dragon likes human flesh more than animals and as the thought came, his feet gained a faster pace as he threw open the gate and rushed towards the shore, where they kept the dragons.

"Caraxes Lykiri...leave me," Daemon heard her crying as he reached her.

"Caraxes hanujagon zyhon," Daemon yelled at his dragon who had her daughter's right arm in between his canines as blood flowed down his mouth dripping on the ground.

Maenya was loudly crying by now while Laena felt light-headed seeing her daughter in the beast's clutch. Daemon was near Caraxes but when Daemon tried to take Maenya away, he loudly growled which resulted in her being abruptly pushed back and her arm being free from the beast. Laena wanted to embrace her but Daemon immediately gathered her in his arms and rushed back to the manse towards the maester. 

 ↞↞↞⋅⊰⋅•⚬☽☾☀☽☾⚬•⋅⊱⋅↠↠↠

After getting her arm cleaned and dressed, she was fast asleep which was the result of her constant crying and some milk of poppy. She was calmed in her mother's embrace while her twin sisters Baella and Rhaena, were sitting near her.

"I have applied a paste of herbs that will keep the bite from burning and I will make her a herbal tea to reduce the pain effects. I will come again to change her dressing." Maester nodded towards the prince and walked to the door but stopped and turned towards them again.

"I have a rather stressful query, if you allow me to voice it out?" By prince's approval, he continued.

"Caraxes had all the time in the world to devour the princess yet he only grasped her arm, barely sinking his teeth, as if he wanted to hold on to her."

"Dragons are predators, they do not bow to anyone. Only obey their rider, rest are their prey." Maester's words didn't make sense to the prince.

"Still the princess sits among the dragons that are not hers, and as far as I've observed, no one harmed her as a matter of fact none of the beasts has ever growled at her-"

"Yet my daughter lies on the bed with a wounded arm." Laena abruptly cutted him.

"You are a dragonrider princess, you know very well how threatening these creatures can be to anyone other than their rider. If Caraxes wanted he would have taken her arm very easily yet she is here with only a wound." Maester didn't even know what he was trying to tell them.

"What are you implying by this?" Daemon was growing annoyed now.

"Princess Maenya is such a free-spirited child, her voice is as sweet as honey...but also it is as compelling as a Siren's." Laena furrowed her brows and looked at Daemon, who was occupied by the maester's words.

"Siren?" Laena questioned.

"They are sort of mythical creatures who use to compel people through their voice-"

"She is no creature of any nature, she is no siren. She's only my daughter" Laena was beyond furious now. How could he say something like this about her daughter?

"What I meant was-"

"Enough, I am grateful for your help. You can leave now." Laena turned away from them and told Aiday to take Baella and Rhaena back to their chambers. She took a glass, filled it with water and drank it in one go.

"There is no such thing about my daughter. She is just very kind to everyone." she said it but more like convincing herself as maester left.

On the other hand, Daemon always knew there was something different about Maenya, though he never believed any mythical shit but that would not stop him from testing out the theory.