CHAPTER SEVEN

My reunion with my father was just us being mean to one another. He was complaining about how I wasn't properly answering his letters, he would ask me one thing and I would answer about a completely different thing. Ok, he was a little right about it, he would ask about my arrival to Dragonstone and I would tell him how cold the sea has gotten or ask about Rhaena or others.

I was upset that he didn't bring Rhaena with him. He somehow also found out about my sleep paralysis and questioned me as to why I hid it from him. I had also stopped telling him about my dreams. I love him, as does my father but while I was trying to cope with my mother's death, I think we grew apart.

As his complaints went on for hours, dinner time reached near. I told him, I am not hungry and want to go to bed early. He squinted his eyes at me and left the room. A little later, Aiday entered with a tray filled with lemon tarts. I didn't have to think twice to know who sent it.

As for my breakfast the next morning, I had it with Princess Rhaenyra, grandma, and Baella.

Presently, I am chasing after a rabbit that I found in the garden during my walk there and while trying to bring it to my room, it slipped from my arms and started hopping in a different direction.

Catching this ball of fur was no easy job, nor running after it in this long gown. It kept turning in different hallways while I, not caring about my surroundings kept chasing it. I was trying to not lose it from my sight while holding my dress in one hand and removing my now loose strands of hair away from my face.

The rabbit took a sharp turn towards the right. I also took a turn behind it but failed to see anything and crashed into something.

"Ow!" A sound left my mouth as my forehead bumped into something hard.

I rubbed the pained spot with my hand and opened my eyes to look at the object of my collision, only to see a leather eye patch. As my eyes shifted a little left, they caught a violet eye already focused on mine. And slowly I took in his face, his hair...and the knight beside him, glaring down at me.

Why do I keep seeing this knight everywhere? Does the castle have only this knight?

"Don't you think you should be apologizing to the prince?" He arrogantly suggested it to me.

I scrunched my brows, "And why exactly should I be doing that?" Do knights usually order everyone around?

"For saving your rather clumsy self from falling to the ground." For the first time in my life, I have felt strong feelings of dislike towards someone.

"Well if the prince wants me to apologize," I looked towards him again, standing at a safe distance but still close. "For crashing into him...he can ask for it himself." I again shifted my gaze back to the knight.

A vase crashed near us as its sound made all three of us flinch toward it. The knight quickly took his sword out of its sheath, which scared me.

"What? No! Are you serio-" I tried to move in its direction when something restricted my movement. As I looked back, my arm had...a hand wrapped around it. I traced that hand with my eyes which took my sight back to the prince. Even he looked startled at his action and immediately retracted his hand.

I moved in the direction where a vase was broken in front of a couch. I crouched and extended my hand under the couch.

"What is she doing?" I heard the annoying knight speaking. Can't he be silent?

"What are you doing, lady?" I again ignored him and kept searching with my hand, only for it to bump with a certain fur ball. I grabbed it and dragged it out.

"This is what I am doing." I showed him the small white rabbit and found the prince intently looking at me.

"You caused a ruckus for this animal?" I opened my mouth to reply to the knight but in an attempt to get up, I pressed my hand over the shards of the vase.

A loud hiss left my mouth as blood spilled from the injury on the floor.

"Why do you have your sword unsheathed in the presence of my daughter, Ser Cole?" My father's heavy voice surrounded us and I quickly hid my wounded hand behind me.

"Nothing father. The knight got frightened by a rabbit and took out his sword in his defense." I chuckled looking at him.

"Where did you find a rabbit?" He looked down at me now standing close to us. "And what are you doing on the floor, Maenya?" He said while grabbing my forearm to help me stand. I kept my hand hidden from him.

"It went under the couch, I was taking it out." I tried to put on my most innocent face.

"How did this get so far in the castle?" He knows but still wants to hear from me.

"It slipped from my arms when I was taking it to my room." I caressed it with my thumb. "Can I keep it...father?"

He gave me a look before diverting his eyes back to the knight. "I don't understand why your sword is still out?" He is not fond of this knight I guess as he was glaring at him. The knight sheathed his sword.

"How did you find me?" I asked him.

"With the help of the trail of your hair clips, you left everywhere." He showed his left hand filled with my clips. I smiled at him. "Come on."

He started his walk back but I turned to the knight and forwarded the rabbit towards him so he could properly see it. "A rabbit." I chuckled.

"Doru-borto azantys." I told him, knowing the prince would translate it for him.

I glanced at him before leaving only to find his eyes still fixated on me.

↞↞↞⋅⊰⋅•⚬☽☾☀☽☾⚬•⋅⊱⋅↠↠↠

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

I read this line in a book I read in Pentos. I don't know why I am suddenly reminded of it but...it matches my current situation beautifully.

Well right now. I am at the dining table with everyone. This is my first dinner gathering since I got here, which makes me a whole lot more anxious. So at the moment, food is my medicine, keeping me away from any sort of conversation with anyone, and yet, medicine is my food. It makes me very uncomfortable to eat in the presence of so many people, and also because of a certain prince with an eye patch who finds staring at me more appetizing than the food in front of him.

I think I have developed an eating disorder. I have always found it difficult to eat in the presence of people. But who says I can't pretend to be busy eating my meal.

"It appears that our princess isn't enjoying her meal." My gut feeling told me this sentence was directed toward me. I lifted my head towards the speaker. The Queen.

"No your grace, the food is delicious. I tend to nibble on my food." A few giggles erupted around me. I forcibly took a bite of what looked like baked potatoes to me, for the people still looking at me. Weirdly the stuff melted in my mouth and I tasted a subtle sweetness.

My first bite of the night and I...kinda liked it.