CHAPTER SIX

As the sun lifted up from the horizon and Aiday barged into my chamber to wake us up, in my case to wake Baella up only because I barely got any sleep last night.

Aiday eyes clearly reflected with worry as she realized why I was awake. I asked her not to tell Grandmother or Baella or anyone who asks about me. She suggested that I should sleep now, if any dream disrupts my sleep then she'll be near. And if anyone asks about me, she will say I was very tired from the journey and would rest in my chamber.

I couldn't remember a day that I spent without Aiday. She has been with me since my birth, she knows every small and big thing about me. My likes and dislikes, my favorite colors, my habits and my dreams; she knows everything that consults me. She always takes care of me, but after my mother's death, she has become rather protective towards me. Baella says she is only obsessed with her work, and I am her work.

Weirdly, when I woke up it was still morning; only for Aiday to tell me that I had slept for an entire day.

Well in my defense, I was already tired from the journey and the dream mentally exhausted me...and very hungry too.

Aiday brought my breakfast in the room as I had also missed breakfast with others which I am very glad for because I didn't feel comfortable eating in front of that many people and I was eating like a pig. This is what hunger does to me...it makes me a pig.

While eating, Aiday briefed me about the events that went by yesterday. There was a little feast arranged by the King to welcome the guests but official wedding events were to be started a day after tomorrow. I also asked her about my father's arrival, she told me that they are expected to arrive on the morrow.

I pouted my lips, aren't dragons faster than ships?

↞↞↞⋅⊰⋅•⚬☽☾☀☽☾⚬•⋅⊱⋅↠↠↠

Currently, I am being guided to the chamber of Princess Halaena where Queen Alicent is waiting for me for God knows what purpose. I was going to my grandmother's chamber because Aiday told me she wants to know about my dream. No, she didn't specifically say that but I guessed that much.

It's almost evening now. I was playing the coin game with Baella after my late breakfast. A maid came to my door informing us about the queen's wish to meet me. Aiday prepared me in a simple gown while Baella helped her in braiding my hair.

The walk to the princess's chamber wasn't a long one and soon I was standing in front of the same guard/knight that I saw at our escort to the king. He gestured something to the maid which clearly meant to wait here whilst he went inside the chamber.

A few minutes later, he opened the door wide for me to enter. I took a deep breath and moved inside.

"Maenya, my child." Before I could take in my surroundings, the queen's voice grabbed my attention. "How have you been?" She stood there as beautiful as I first saw her along with her smile.

"I am good, your grace." I smiled and stepped a little near her bringing the entire chamber in my vision.

"Are you well rested now? Princess Rhaenys told us the journey has completely worn you out." She lovingly took my hand in hers which made me pucker my lips.

"I-I am...well rested. Traveling takes its toll on me." I said trying to find a way to free my hand from a room which I suppose is a Bath.

I used that time to take a look at the chamber now that I was alone. The room was quite like mine. Simple.

I was standing near a table with a couch at its back and a bed in a further corner. The table was covered with threads and needles, pieces of different fabrics. Looks like the princess enjoys sewing. On my right was another tall table whilst on my left...were big and open windows...and someone standing before one of them.

I wasn't alone at all. How can a person be so silent?

Looking at the tunic, he was a boy. His shoulder length almost silver hair rested at his back with a part of it tied with a band. A weird strap rested above the band that went around his head which made me wonder its purpose. He was taller than me and looked rather lean.

Who is he? What is he doing inside the chamber of a princess?

My attention was diverted when I heard someone's steps. The queen was coming in my way with a shy girl behind her. Princess.

"Maenya, this is Halaena." She moved to the side.

"Hello, princess." I smiled widely at her and forwarded my hand for a shake.

Her choice of greeting shocked me. "Welcome, cousin." She said and engulfed me in a hug. Looking at the queen's face to find any signs of disapproval. When I found none, I hugged her back.

"You have not seen Red Keep yet, right?" She asked unwrapping her arms from around me. I shaked my head in a no."Come on I'll show you around." She took my hand in hers and I again looked at the queen for permission I guess but she only smiled.

"Sure, lead the way." I gave her the way to move in front of me.

Moving towards the door, I heard the queen say something.

"Aemond, are you going with them?"

HE IS THE SECOND PRINCE! VHAGAR'S RIDER!

↞↞↞⋅⊰⋅•⚬☽☾☀☽☾⚬•⋅⊱⋅↠↠↠

Taking a trip around the castle, we were present in the garden, which according to Halaena is her most favorite place other than her room. Yes Halaena, she said I can stop saying princess in every sentence and in return she would not call me princess. A good deal.

I never get to hear the answer that the second prince must have given to his mother as Halaena pulled me behind her out of the room. I just feel sorry for my lack of conversation skills, otherwise I would have greeted the prince. But now that I am thinking about it, he would've found me incredibly ill-mannered.

Or maybe it was better that way. I mean what could I possibly talk to him about?

How does it feel riding my mother's dragon? Or how does a gash feel like on an eye?

Shit, Maenya. That's bad...and dark.

That weird strap must have been his eye patch. Considering that his eye doesn't work anymore. But why am I thinking about it? I shrugged my shoulders and released a frustrated sigh.

"Do you occasionally talk to yourself?" She was intently watching me, a curious smile on her face.

"I don't know about the occasional part, but yeah...I seem to do that alot." She hummed and inhaled the fresh air when a sudden sound scared us both. Halaena grabbed my arm out of fear but when I looked up at the source of the sound, I found a yellowish dragon flying over the Red Keep followed by a certain red dragon.

"Father." I said as I saw Caraxes in the air.