ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5 - ℜ𝔬𝔶𝔞𝔩𝔱𝔶

I thought that we would travel by vampire speed but I was quickly proven wrong when I saw the two carriages.

I am in the second one with Jeremiah, Kathrine and Alistor.

"Ugh, tell me why we do this every year again?", Kathrine complains, leaning dramatically on Jeremiah.

The later shoves his sister off and her head collides with the carriages, creating a "bonk" sound.

"Ow! Asshole!", she punches his shoulder, hard.

"Stop annoying me.", Jeremiah hisses and I can't stifle my laughter.

"To think that most humans are afraid of you."

Kathrine smirks at me, "Well good that you aren't like most humans, right Eddie?"

She sends Alistor a look I can't quiet place but he huffs looking out of the window.

"I was always wondering, are you guys like blood related?", I ask no one in peticular.

"No, were are a family because of Dad. We were all saved by him at some point of our lives.", Alistor answers and I nod at him.

"Would you guys mind telling me how you met Raymond? You don't have to of course."

"I'm sorry but we aren't that close.", Jeremiah tells me.

"I understand.", I send him a small smile which I could swear he returned.

"Boo, spoilsport.", Kathrine mocks her older brother which almost causes a vein to pop from his head.

"I will tell you, Eddie Bear.", I raise my eyebrow at the new nickname, somehow it sounded familiar.

"Eddie Bear?".

"Yeah, Eddie sounds a lot like Teddy and you're a big softie. So, Eddie bear.", a few weeks ago I would have punched the person who would dare calling me a softie but now I just chuckled.

"If you say so.", Ali on the other hand isn't really amused.

He wraps his arms tightly around me causing a ache to form in my heart.

Like a longing cry of relief.

"Stop giving him cute nicknames! You know that he's mine.", he nuzzles his face into my neck and I just pat his head.

Jeremiah snorts at the sight.

"A man and his dog.", he mocks Alistor which causes Kathrine to let out a loud belly laugh.

"You're right! You would think that he's one of those mutts rather than a vampire.", Alistor pouts at his siblings.

"How dare you compare me to those dirty werewolves, digusting.", he makes a "bleh" sound to underline his disgust.

"Wait, Werewolves exist?", I look at him eyes wide while he tilts his head to the side in confusion.

"Of course. The same with witches, faries and demons.", he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.