ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 19 - 𝔖𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰

"Wow, uh we didn't see each in so long.", I look at the man I once called a friend.

"Yeah, you're right.",  a frown makes it to my face.

Damon ignores my obvious wariness and instead his eyes wander to my family standing behind me.

"Who are these cuties?", he crouches down to be at eye level with the twins.

Violet has a frown of her own decorating her face while Anna hides behind my leg.

I take in  a protecting stance, shielding them from his view, "What do you want?".

Damon backs away, arms held up in front of his chest.

"Easy tiger.", he smiles, "I thought we were friends."

"After you lied to me, tricked me? I don't need friends like that.", I spat out and turn around to walk away but he grabs my wrist.

"Wait."

"I would put that away.", Alistor who was watching our encounter steps in.

Damon lets go of my arm and I see a bit of fear in his eyes.

"I don't want any harm but Ed I need your help.", I scoot at him and walk away but his next word make me freeze in my steps.

"You owe me you know? For what happened in Farryhill."

I let out a groan and turn back around.

"I knew you would come around.", he smirks at me and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Speak or you won't get my help at all.", he lets out a whistle.

"Feisty as always.", I roll my eyes at him.

"Well I get to the point there's a huge bounty on someone's head and I wanna get it."

"Background."

"Child murder.", I grit my teeth holding onto the twins hands.

"When?", I ask and he grins.

"So you're down? Sweet! Tomorrow before the sun rises it's a long way.", I nod.

"We meet here and Damon..., "I point a finger to his chest, "This better not be some of your bullshit."

"Eddie please, who am I to betray your trust?", he walks away and I feel Alistor hug me from behind.

"I don't trust that guy.",he grumbles and I nod.
"Me neither but he's right I owe him. Don't worry I'll be careful.", I kiss his cheek

+++

The next day I wake up very early, putting on some clothes and grabbing my weapons.
Alistor stirs, looking at me from the bed.

"I don't want you to go.", he whines and reaches out for me.

I squeeze his hand placing a soft kiss onto it.
"I won't be gone long and I'm a big boy.", a small smile makes it to Alistor's face but it's not enough to cover his worry.

"How about that, if I'm not back tomorrow night you come and take me home okay?", he nods, before sitting up and kissing my lips.

I give in, his tongue exploring my mouth a moan leaving me.

"Okay, that's enough. I have to go.", I let out a chuckle at his dramatic whining.

"You'll be fine, maybe you could go and see what Sam and Viper are doing."

A grimace spreads across Alistor's face, "They're your friends."

I raise one brow and he gives in , "Yeah, okay maybe they're not that bad."