-meeting-

Another cold winter's day engulfed the grassy hills surrounding Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. 

The bitter wind wails as it weaves its way through the intricate stone corridors of the old castle. Regulus Black sits, alone and shivering beside a small window in an abandoned corridor, a book clutched in his reddening hands.

Y/n rushes out of the classroom opposite said window, slamming the door behind them, causing the poor boy to jump about three feet high. 

He looks in the general direction of them, preparing a snide comment but soon shuts his mouth, upon realising who exactly is standing in front of him. 

"Sorry," they break the silence, "I didn't mean to scare you." 

Regulus quickly shakes his head, a small blush rising to his cheeks, likely a mixture of embarrassment and nerves due to the social interaction (something he felt as if he would never get used to, especially as his few friends were more often than not caught up studying, being a year older than himself). 

Your point of view:

I look over at the boy in front of me, his striking blue eyes are the first thing to hit me. He's stunning, his curly brown hair falls gently river his defined features as he shakes his head softly. I've seen him around, but something is so different now, seeing him in the gentle grey light seeping in through the window. I stand there in awe for a moment, unable to think of what to say next. 

I nod, a simple enough gesture. 

"I'll leave you to your reading." 

I look at the book he's reading, feeling shock washed over me. A muggle book, in the hands of a pureblood, and not just any pureblood- a member of the Black family.

"Muggle science, huh? The man who mistook his wife for a hat. Good book on human psychology." I state simply before going to walk away, only to be promptly stopped.

"You've read it?" He questions, barely a whisper. 

I nod quickly and go to stand beside him.

"I find it interesting... you know, how the brain works and how muggles spend so much time studying it. It has benefits for us all, despite the differences in medicine between our worlds."

A small, barely detectable smile rises on his pale face.

"I couldn't agree more." 

He budges over on the windowsill, inviting me to take a seat, I happily accept and sit beside him.

 For the rest of the day, we read and discuss our common interests, eventually both falling asleep by the fire of the Slytherin common room. 

That was the day I became friends with Regulus Arcturus Black.