2014: The Trio

This is where it all started

Despite my love for speed, hindi pa ako sumasali ng race sa Double O Seven. I guess hindi pa ako ready to compete against someone.

"Gel!" called Frankie, waving me to follow her.

I laughed at how excited she was. Dapat lang naman kasi na ma-excite to be at a place like this. It was crawling with cool people our age e.

Following her, I spotted Paolo. Our eyes met, and his face brightened at the sight of me. He waved us over to where he was. He grinned when I got closer. Wala na yung braces niya, which only made him look more attractive.

"What's up, Pao?" Frankie greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, Frankie," he nodded, his grin never faltering.

"Kanina ka pa?" she asked him.

I fought the urge to ask about Oliver.

"Not really."

I casually looked around.

"Good thing Jesse's not here," he said.

"Why?" I asked, still looking for that familiar blue car.

"Alcante's here with his girl."

I whipped my head back to him.

Nandito yung girl that Oliver was talking about last February? Yung girl na he let go kasi he decided na they weren't meant to be? That same girl na he was still friends with even now?

I wasn't exactly sure if naka-move on na si Oliver. He looked better than before. When we went to Siargao for the summer, he was okay na naman even after namin mag truth or dare and Jesse jokingly grilled him about Lana. He was cool with it.

Yun nga lang. With Oliver, you never know.

"I thought friends si Kuya with Lana?" I asked, tilting my head.

Paolo shrugged. "Doesn't mean he's friends with Alcante."

I nodded. That was true.

"Let's go say hi to Oliver!" yaya ni Frankie.

"Already did," Paolo replied. "Kayo nalang."

I made a face. "Do we have to?" I sort of whined to Frankie.

Wala talaga ako sa mood to go there and meet those people. Socially awkward? Yes, ako yun. Shy type nga, remember?

Tapos idagdag pa yung fact na Oliver used to like Lana, and now boyfriend niya si Zeo Alcante na friend din nila. I didn't trust myself to go there and not be judgmental. Ayokong maging nitpicker pero when it came to Oliver, I was a bit protective and biased kasi e.

"Why not?" said Frankie. "Friend natin yun. Cheer mo naman."

If I know, gusto mo lang ma-meet up close si Zeo Alcante e.