Only The Beginning

"I swear, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall!"

I was never the type to get loud with someone when I was angry, but Darby was pushing me to that point. 

Our friendship has been rocky for quite a while now. All I was trying to do was express my concern for him. 

Darby was having crazy matches, one after another and it was taking a big toll on his body which scared me. 

He was fearless, but that sometimes lead him to stupidity and this match against Ethan Page, it was all pointless in my opinion. 

It was all about their egos and that's no reason to have a coffin match! 

"You're going to tell me the same shit you always do," Darby sighed, walking past me to enter the bathroom, finding the sink and having the nerve to mock me, "You should rethink this. This is dangerous! You're gonna end up hurt."

"Wow," I scoffed, defeated when I looked at him in the mirror, in disbelief, "The day you end up in an ambulance, don't be pissed when I say, I told you so."

It was like he was throwing our friendship straight into the trash and starting a dumpster fire. 

The years between us were fading away and it broke my heart, but at the same time, I was fed up. I was sick of him and his bullshit. 

No second thoughts were in my mind. My nose turned and I left. My friendship came from the pureness of my heart and he took that for granted. 

The arena in Miami was a very nice one and had a lounge that majority of the wrestlers and crew were hanging at so that was my next destination. 

It was good to see that there was good food. Not something simple like chips or donuts. My appetite settled for this small veggie tray and was ready for a drink right after. 

Ice always went in my drink, even though I was just getting water. Coldness was beaming off of the small scoop in the ice bucket, my hand ready to find out for itself, but someone's hand beat me to it. 

"Ice or no ice?" A polite voice asked, my eyes resting easy on Ethan Page. 

"Ice please," I responded with a smile, but also confused. 

As Darby's friend, there was a bit of animosity towards Ethan. He threw Darby down a flight of stairs and more! But for some reason, there was something about him. 

"Here you go," He smiled, handing me the cup, a quarter of the way filled with ice, "You want soda, juice?"

"Water will do," I informed, appreciative of what he was doing for me. 

"One water coming right up," He whistled, getting it for me. 

Truly, I didn't mind his presence. Darby has been this way before he even feuded with Ethan. I actually scolded him about it, but Darby could care less. I didn't know why I even bothered to try and help him with his career. 

"Thank you," I said in a shy voice, taking my water. 

"You're welcome," He smiled, noticing, "Everything alright? You seem kind of down."

I was a quiet person, but did have a smile on my face and got along well with others. Everyone knew that about me. So, if I was upset, it wasn't hard to tel. 

"Just having one of those days," I admitted, "You know what I mean?"

"Oh I know," He related, eyes lighting up when an idea popped into his head and he offered, "If you're feeling down, Scorp and I plan on staying in Miami for another two days. Want to come hang out at the beach or something and have some fun?"