Chapter two

Once the rain had stopped Mr, Sonjune gave me the flowers and I started my walk home. As I walked through the now damp and empty street the feeling in my stomach grew more and more uncomfortable.

"It's probably nothing" I muttered to myself for reassurance. Taking a deep breath I looked back up at the clouds. It's going to rain again there still gray... looking back down at the street in front of me I turned onto the path that leads into the forest. Walking down the muddy trail that leads to the secluded wooden house my mother and I live in.

As the house got into view I stopped walking. I noticed the door was broken off the hinges and an unsettling quiet surrounded the area along with the overwhelming metallic scent of blood.

I held my breath, slowly approaching the door I started getting nauseous from the strong smell. The closer I got, the more I could make out the figure of something on the floor with large pools of blood surrounding it.

I gasped dropping the flowers to the ground, with my hands hanging by my sides. My eyes widened in horror.

"Mom" I ran over to her limp body and started to shake her. "Please mom this isn't funny" I cried out with tears in my eyes. Clutching her light blue and golden geometric Hoari I felt tears running down my face. Squeezing my eyes shut I hung my head and let out quiet painful sobs.

Taking a deep breath to stop myself from crying I wiped my eyes with the palm of my hands. Taking a shaky breath I slowly removed the Hoari from her body and tightly held it against my chest. "I'm sorry mamma I wish, I asked you to come with me."

The snapping of a branch could be heard in the distance quickly looking up I saw the silhouette of a man. The next thing i knew I blacked out.