chapter three

Awaking from the darkness I opened my eyes to see myself under a blanket laying on a futon. Blinking my eyes to adjust to the light seeping through the covered windows. I sat up and looked around the room in the far corner there were three more beds neatly folded up and a little ways away from it I could see the door that would most likely lead to the rest of the house.

From underneath the door, I could see the shadows of people shuffling around on the other side.

"Do you think she's woken up?" the small voice of a girl asked, at least that's what I think she said since the door was muffling their voices.

"Makomo, if you do go in there and she is awake don't say much, remember the poor girl is probably still in shock from what happened to her mother." An older and masculine voice said.

Wait my mother, the memories of yesterday suddenly hit me like a rock. I expected myself to start bawling tears but now it's kind of as if my emotions for her death are gone. I'm not surprised though it's not like all happy things are supposed to last anyways. Sighing I got out of the warm blankets and slowly stood up. It seems that they cleaned up her Haori, I walked over to the folded cloth slipping it over my shoulders. A small smile painted itself on my face. Behind me, I could hear a door open and saw more streaks of light flood into the room.

"Oh, you're awake." A voice behind me spoke. Turning around my eyes widened. So I am in demon slayer, cause if I wasn't then I wouldn't be face-to-face with the one and only Makomo. But I can't act like I'm surprised to see her, I need to be more surprised that I'm not in my own house along with she is supposed to be a stranger to me.

"Who are you?" I whispered in a quiet voice while gripping the edges of my mother's Haori. I'm so good at acting, I eternally praised myself.

"Oh, I'm Makomo Urokodaki-san found you after the demon attacked" she explained.

" Stupid y/n story scenario" I muttered under my breath with a side glare at the door.

"Was that English?" she asked tilting her head and putting a finger up against her chin.

I nodded, in reply. "That's so cool!! I need to tell Sabito and Tomioka-san!" her voice leaked with excitement. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the main room where everyone else is. "Guys guess what!" makomo exclaimed.

I could feel heads turn and look directly at me. Judging me without a doubt, I shifted my eyes to look up from the floor. I was met with the eyes of two boys around my age who look like the younger versions of Sabito and Giyuu, in the back of the room by the fire place I could see Urokodaki cooking some sort of soup. "Oh your awake!" sabito commented, with a little bit of shock to be seen in his face. "Makomo, I hope you didn't wake her." Giyuu frowned from his chair that was set up by Sabito.

"Of course I didn't wake her, how low do you think of me!" she Angerily grumbled. "But aside from that, she can speak English!" Makomo exclaimed while jumping a bit.

Like little stars in the night sky, Sabito and Giyuu lit up in the dark cabin making the room as if the sun was at its peak in the sky, shining down on us making shade almost impossible. "DoyoureallyspeakEnglishCanyousaysomethingforus!?" both of the boys shouted in unison. Some sweat dripped down my neck. Is this how my mom felt when I would talk this fast in my old life?

"Um, hi my name is y/n and in the world, I come from your just fictional anime characters" I spoke in English.

"Woah that's so cool what did you say!?" Sabito marvled, beside him Giyuu was nodding his head in agreement with Sabito. Meanwhile, Makomo was trying to get Urokodaki's attention so she could show off my English skills to him.

"I just said that my name was y/n and that I really like Hydrangeas." I let out a forced smile.

"Your fluency in English is very impressive" commented Urokodaki.

"Thank you"