CHAPTER 42: Hostile Beast Men 2

It took a while for Kevin to come back and when he did, Hao Shen could see the blatant happiness on his face and wondered what good thing happened for him to be this happy.

Hao Shen looked at Kevin questioningly expecting Kevin to tell him why he was happy, but Kevin just kept smiling and didn't mention why he was in such a good mood.

"I've found a small lake, it's not too far from here, let me take you there." Kevin held Hao Shen's hand while leading him out of the cave.

Kevin ran around the rivers and lakes near the tribe, making sure that there was not a scent of sea beast men near the area and to his relief, he found nothing.

This made him so happy because he had decided to use brute force to either force the sea beastman to give up on Hao shen or beat him to death, he honestly wish that the sea beastman would choose to give up on Hao Shen so that he could tell Hao Shen that he ran away like the frightened beastman that he was, that way Hao Shen would fill disappointed and stay with him.

but if the beastman chose to stay and fight and get killed by Kevin, Hao Shen would be really sad about that and she might decide to leave him.

but finding no sea beastman was a relief as this had nothing to do with him.

Kevin knew that all the methods he chose, either it be chasing the beastman away or beating him to death, still had a chance of making him lose the right to mate with Hao Shen.

That was why not finding anything was a really happy occasion for Kevin but just to be sure, he decided to bring her to the lake, it would make it easier for him to watch over her.

They both came down from the hill and entered the cougar tribe.

There, Hao Shen saw a lot of cougars walking freely alongside some humans, if they could even be called that, some of those humans had animal ears or tales, some had both, only a few were normal but all of them were only wearing animal skin skirts and not a single female was there.

Hao Shen hid himself behind Kevin not sure if all those cougar's were like Kevin and could shift forms, or they were just wild animals that were being domesticated.

He noticed how everyone both the human like beastman and the once still in there beast form was avoiding to make eye contact with him.

He could clearly fill that they were looking at him but when ever he looked back at them they would turn the other way, and they also seem hostile towards him. But Kevin didn't notice this.

Kevin was still happy about his earlier findings and was even happier seeing how hao Shen was being so reliant on him. This made him feel smug and he also felt like showing off, and since he was in the mist of the other beast men, he slightly puffed out his chest while walking in other to show off.

It took a while for Kevin to notice the hostility of the beast men around them and when he did, he gave out a low growl to warn them, before looking at Hao Shen to see if he was affected by their earlier actions.

But to his surprise, Hao shen didn't seem to be affected by their gaze at all it was as if she wasn't even bothered by it.

When Hao Shen notice those hostile gazes, he was completely unfazed by it, he didn't care about them at all.

He was used to those kinds of looks and it didn't bother him before, why will it bother him now.

There was only one reason Hao Shen would be looking at them for so long, and that was, he was trying to feed his curiosity.

who wouldn't be curious after seeing a creature that looked so alike yet so different from themselves. Normally he wouldn't care to look at others and would just stare at the floor.

And now that he was done satisfying his curiosity, he no longer cared about their existence.

Hao Shen didn't know that Kevin was worried about him, well mostly because he didn't know what Kevin had cooked up in his mind as his back story.

Author's thoughts

Merry Christmas, and thank you for still supporting me

Sorry if I wasn't able to up load more chapters for Christmas.

Don't forget to leave comments 😘