40 | Disciplining

*One more chapter before Chairman

- Main Street -

Off with your Head!

Riddle's unique magic cast a collar around the Savanaclaw students' necks, preventing them from using any magic. The dwarfs looked at their saviors, thankful they came to their aid...

     "That's not enough for trying to ruin the campus's reputation. I fear this act of your recklessness breaks the rules of the Laws of the Queen of Hearts! The festival hasn't started, yet you're here trying to hurt the opposing team's students! Have a timeout while you have your collars!" Riddle yelled.

     Luke huffed, "I'll have you reported to Mama—Headmistress (Name)!" He stammered, almost calling the demoness his mother again. "NOT HER KID! WE'LL BE BACK FOR REVENGE!" One of them told Luke, all of them running away from the scene.

     Trey went near the dwarves, "Are you boys alright? I'm so sorry for their rude behavior," he apologized and helped Sneak get up. The red-headed nodded as he sneezed again while Dominic bowed in front of Trey, "Thank you very much for saving us! We appreciate your kind gesture," he uttered.

     Yuu looked at them, "You guys look cute..." He commented, staring at their ears. The magenta-haired huffed and crossed his arms, "We didn't need your help, y'know?! Those punks need some proper beating from me!" He grumbled.

     "Stop saying that Gran!" Dominic chided. Luke took a closer look at their uniforms, "Are you guys perhaps from Royal Sword Academy?" He asked.

     "Yes, we are!" The mature dwarf smiled at Luke. Then he observed the angel's features as if he recognizes him, "Wait... Blonde hair and blue eyes... Are you Luke by some chance? The son of (Name)-senpai?" He asked.

     Luke tensed, "How did you know my name?! Also, how did you know (Name)?!" He yelled, surprised by the dwarf's knowledge about him and his guardian.

     "(Name)-senpai is a guard for Neige-kun, so we know her! She would usually give us tea and pastries after our rehearsals!" Dominic explained, glad that he finally found (Name)'s son in NRC.

- (Past) RSA, Rehearsals Room -

(Name) was serving tea to the dwarves once they finished training. She would recommend different kinds of flavors to them and ask which one would be their liking. Shelpie, the green-haired sleepy dwarf, would fall asleep immediately after drinking tea. Timmy, a dwarf that looks like Leviathan, is usually shy except for his friends and (Name)...

     "(Name)-senpai, can I have some... Uh... What's the sweet thing about this drink?" Toby, a plum-haired and forgetful dwarf, asked. "I forgot what it's called," he sighed.

     The demoness chuckled, "It's fine, Toby-san. Is this the one you're looking for?" She handed him a bottle of sugar cubes, which he happily took and placed some inside his tea. Hop, a dwarf with blond hair and known to have a gentle personality, jumped on the demoness's arms, "(Name)-senpai~! The cake is delicious! Can I have another one again?" He asked.

The demoness is fond of the dwarves while Neige is in her care. She would gladly spoil them with pastries, even the Headmaster of Royal Sword Academy. Dominic and Sneak would occasionally eat some cream puffs, while Gran denies he likes the way she treats him...

     "Gran-san, have some cake," the demoness offered. "No thank you," the ill-tempered dwarf declined as he averted his gaze.

     "Sorry for his attitude, (Name)-san..." Dominic nervously chuckled. Sneak sneezed, "I'm so sorry..."

- (Present) Main Street -

     "The Headmistress?" Riddle asked, hearing Dominic's story about (Name). "(Name)-senpai is presenting as the school's Headmistress, so I'm guessing she's unavailable right now. She has other matters to attend to," he told them.

     Luke nodded, "Yep! (Name)'s a better Headmaster of NRC honestly!" He added, praising his mother figure. Dominic chuckled, "That's nice! I would like to see her again, but maybe later. Nice to meet you, Luke!"

     "Likewise!"

Gran seems displeased by Grim's retort that he's as tall as them and possibly not someone from high school. Their height being dwarves are already tall enough for them and Dominic immediately stopped Gran from fuming...

     "By the way, have you seen other dwarves that look like us? We're only going to the waiting room, then we got separated," the mature dwarf asked the Manager. Riddle looked at Trey, "I'm not sure we saw them, but I can ask the hosts to announce your friends' names," the red-headed male suggested.

     "Looking for someone~? Why not ask your loving senior~?" A familiar voice appeared behind Luke and Dominic. They both turned their head to see a headless Che'nya, "IT'S THE HEADLESS GHOST!" Grim yelled in fear.

     Che'nya generated his head, "Che'nya?!" Trey and Riddle were shocked. Yuu sighed, "It's the guy that uses cat puns back in Heartslabyul," he uttered.

Dominic immediately asked where his other dwarves' friends went, which Che'nya pointed in certain directions and he seems confident about it. Thanking his senior, the dwarves left to find their other friends...

     "Are they your juniors, Che'nya?" Trey asked. "Thanks for your help by the way," he added with a chuckle. Che'nya grinned, "Yeah~! They're my 2nd-year juniors, so I know what they look like~! Plus I'm good at pointing directions," he assured.

     "It's been a while, Che'nya," Riddle softly smiled at his friend.

The last time they saw each other was the day of the Unbirthday Party, which was a year ago. He didn't manage to talk to them during holidays due to the fact of his strict mother's rules, but Trey looked at the time worrying him since they were still in the middle of an inspection...

     "We still need to prepare a lot before the VDC, so do you mind if we talk later?" Trey asked his hybrid friend, carrying Luke. Che'nya grinned, "Of course, Trey~! We'll catch up later, so bye-bye~!" He waved goodbye to the retreating NRC students.

With the last scolding of the hybrid's habit of scaring people using his unique magic, the cat finally disappeared in thin air while saying it depends on his mood. They just need to go to finish their inspection and they're good to go...

     "He said I smelled like (Name)..." Luke murmured, scared by the hybrid's presence.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)