Chapter I: Kitty's Parents

It was mid-day and Kitty was getting ready to visit her parents. She was going to school after being homeschooled for a very long time, she didn't know if she wanted to be excited.

Her boyfriend for a fact wasn't, he was mad that they couldn't accept her into his school, he wanted to control her every move, what she was doing, he wanted to keep her homeschooled but he already told her parents that she was going to school so he had no other choice. His name is Xavier and he's the shining star in the neighborhood

"Kitty! Don't forget your scarf, it's cold outside!", Xavier handed over Kitty's pink scarf.

Kitty couldn't react, she was too scared that she could ruin his mood so she just took the scarf and got herself ready.

"I'm excited to see your parents again! I haven't seen them in so long" Xavier told Kitty in excitement while getting ready.

Kitty just nervously nodded in response.

"Ok, are you ready to go, Kitty?", Xavier asked.

"..Yeah..Yeah! I am!", Kitty gained confidence to talk a bit more, being less scared of ruining his mood.

The blue door was opened by Xavier revealing the beautiful landscape of typical suburban homes and red and orange trees. The sun made the leaves look very bright and saturated. The warm breeze blew against them as they walked outside.

There were a few small flowers and bushes at the front of the house and the very small path immediately brought them to the road.

Kitty's Parents actually don't live that far away it was just a few blocks away. Every house looked the same, bland and grey or blue with white fences and accents.

They walked by a few bush sculptures and Kitty looked at them for a second, there were three. Though it was just some 'futuristic' sculptures, being random pipes. The people making these really couldn't think of anything else and just put three pipes out of bushes there and called it art, how boring, it's adding nothing to this bland neighborhood, Kitty thought. She was always a fan of creativity and vibrant colours and other stuff, but she's not allowed to have or see these things.

Kitty's eyes were bored, the only thing 'amusing' her eyes were the colourful leaves and the pattern on the road.

They made it past a fountain, a big fountain with an angel sitting on the top and with small flowers on the bottom spitting out water into the fountain. It really stood out compared to the rest of the neighborhood, but it didn't stick out too much so it also fit the surroundings.

Kitty had to admit to herself that she hasn't been outside for a long time, maybe it's been 6 months? Or more? She never asks Xavier if she can go outside, but now that she goes to school she is going to be able to be outside more.

"Is this it?" Xavier looked over to his girlfriend.

Kitty looked at the house only a few meters away, it looks like every other home here except it's a bit bigger and the door is red. To Kitty this house was easily recognizable. She hasn't seen her parents for a long time either. She stays at Xavier's house, but his parents are never home, like never.

"Yes, that's my old house" Kitty replied. It was like that place and Kitty had horrible memories and Kitty became tense and uneasy.

"Don't worry", the brown haired young man reassured Kitty, "I bet they're excited to see you again too!"

The front garden was bigger than Xavier's, and it had a bunch of boring bush sculptures. The grass was made so it looked like it was striped.

Finally both of them made it to the red door.