Chapter II: Roses have thorns

Kitty went home like it wasn't already night, but she kinda enjoyed it, the streets looked mysterious in a good way and the few stars danced over her head.

The night was beautiful and Kitty lost in thought admiring the sky, Maybe he's a nice guy, I'm sure that these flowers will give us a new start.

She was full of hope and began think of all the things they could do together as a happy couple.

Kitty decided that she wanted to go through the front door, she was never the athletic type and climbing up her window again seemed harder than going out.

Click. She opened the blue door as quiet as possible.

Kitty could hear someone in her room but she didn't worry too much, since it was probably Xavier.

She hesitated to speak out his name: "Xavier?"

As soon as she made a sound the sound from her room stopped, but instead she heard stomping approach her and she started to get nervous.

Finally Xavier appeared in front of her and Kitty showed him the flowers.

"I got you flowers, Xavier..I wanted to give you them to show you that I-", suddenly she got interrupted by a very angry voice.

"What were you thinking?! Just sneaking out like that without permission?!"

Kitty stepped back a bit and stuttered: "I..i wanted t..to give you these f..flowers.."

"I can't believe you! You went out just for some ugly plants, what kind of a girlfriend are you?? Do you have any idea-", Xavier blamed her.

"Why can't you see that I put effort to make you a gift! Xavier, I love you and I want you to show me that too!" Kitty slipped and immediately put her hand over her mouth and she started to cry.

...

...

Xavier balled his fist: "Bad idea, Kitty. Terrible idea..."

Kitty's back was at the door and she tried to hide behind the flowers: "Don't hurt me, I beg you!"

Xavier showed no empathy just rage: "You can beg all you want, you useless shit..."

Loud hits and screams filled the house completely changing the environment.

...

...

Kitty just sat there balled up at the door and tears running down her cheeks her body full of bruises and she could only shake not even daring to move a single muscle.

"Now go to your room you shit" Xavier demanded.

...

"I said move!"

Kitty immediately got up and tried to go up to her room as fast as possible her bruised body made this hard but if she wouldn't go faster she would have to experience that again.

Up in her room she locked the door and put her vanity desk and chair infront of the door, almost out of instinct.

She then went to crawl up next to her bed.

There was complete silence for a few moments when suddenly her door started to bang and her make-up on her vanity fell of and broke into small pieces.

Behind the door was shouting and the door was being kicked, shaken and punched.

Kitty just couldn't stop crying and she said to herself: I would rather be dead than live like this!

...

...I would rather be..dead..than live like this...

It was as if she was being controlled she went to climb out her window.

The door broke down and Xavier got into her room.

"Where are you, you shit! I got in, now stop hiding, someone needs to relax his nerves.."

But there was no answer and Xavier's face turned sinister as he looked out of the window seeing as Kitty was making her way toward the stone bridge.

She won't do it anyways... He thought.

Kitty's eyes had no sign of hope or love, they were so grim as if they were dead, she walked and walked barley even being able to keep her up.

As if anything could stop her, it was late and no one would be out in the streets. Kitty was at the verge of falling unconscious, but she kept going, her blurry vision could pick up a silhouette of the bridge.

And he she was there, the bridge.

She climbed the railing and stood on the stone looking down on the fierce water streams.

He won't love me...give it up, Kitty. No one loves you, no one...no one..

She wanted to jump but she hesitated.

Why are you hesitant?? There's nothing for you to live for just go!

"You, stop!" A mysterious voice shouted at the girl.

"Huh?" She turned around confused.

"You're not actually going to jump, are you?" The mysterious silhouette said.

Kitty couldn't tell how they looked like because of her blurry vision: "I am! And that's none of your business!"

"Just listen for a moment, for whatever reason you may have to stand on this bridge, it is not worth your life." The voice calmly tries to tell Kitty.

"Y..you don't know..what I'm going through..just let me do it!", She cried.

"Please, just listen.."

The voice of the mysterious person was so calming that Kitty found it hard to resist.

"Maybe you would like to write a note, with your last thoughts or wishes to your loved ones?"

Kitty shook her head: "None of them would care anyway, my mother hates me to the core and I don't even know why and my father never wanted me, my boyfriend never appreciates what I do for him and thanks me with beatings! I have no one, no one!"

Kitty took a step forward to the edge of the bridge and felt no ground on her foot.

But she didn't fall, she got caught by someone and she could hear them breathing.

"Look! I get it! I've been through similar things but, you never know you might just meet someone that changes everything" The mysterious person tried to hold Kitty while talking.

"That just happens to the lucky people! I'm not lucky..now let me go!" Kitty screamed.

"So do you think we met by coincidence?" They replied.

Kitty stopped trying to shake them off and the mysterious person helped them up.

Kitty tried clearing her vision to see the person: "Are you saying that?-"

"Please, hear that I feel your struggle and I'm certainly getting a lot of déja vu", It was as if you could hear the faint smile in their voice.

"If you still want to jump, go ahead, I'm not stopping you anymore" The voice spoke to Kitty.

Kitty looked at the silhouette and then at the waters. "I- I'm going to think about it.."

"Thank you for letting me think twice..", Kitty wanted to thank them but as she turned to them, they were going into the fog and she could only see a bit of red-orange hair.

Maybe I should go to the school first and see if I can make some friends...hmm..friends...

She didn't want to go back yet, she was afraid that her 'boyfriend' was going to forcefully 'calm his nerves' again...