Opposite Worlds

BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEEE- CRASH!

"Take that! Stupid alarm clock!" A girl yelled at the remains of a battered alarm. She sighed and plopped onto the bed behind her. The girl laid there for a second, before getting up, and walking to a small door on the other side of the room. Opening and crawling through the door, she was soon greeted with the sight of her semi-large closet. She stumbled around the small room grabbing random, but matching, articles of clothing.

Standing in the mirror she overlooked her outfit. Her top was a deep blood red v-neck with a black lace undershirt peeking out from under. The bleach white pants were covered to the knees by the black combat boots she pulled on her feet. A black ribbion with a silver medallion, which had a beautiful dragon curled around on it, was tied loosely around her pale neck. Her bright turquoise eyes glanced over the outfit one final time. Suddenly, she swiftly turned on her heel, her reddish brown hair swirling behind her.

The girl proceeded to run from her hidden room, grabbing a leather jacket and bookbag in the process. She flew down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she quickly downed a cereal bar and glass of strawberry flavored water. Lights flashed outside signaling the bus was waiting.

'At least today's... FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!' she sang in her mind as she skipped out to the transport to that 'prison' people call school.