When A Good Man Dies

Disclaimer: I do NOT own 07 Ghost. This is merely a fanfic. All rights belong to Yuki Ameiya and Yukino Ichihara.

Ashe's POV

I can't believe that this is happening. I'm somehow in the 07 Ghost world. Well, I guess this isn't the weirdest thing that has happened today. I did make a deal  with a disembodied voice who seems to know everything about me. Seriously, how weird is that compared to this?

A voice startled me from my mental fan girl rant. "Like I told you. You're soft."

I looked back to the fight, only to see the hooded figure of Zehel bring his scythe down. the scythe seemed to harmlessly pass through Zehel's target, whom I know is a possessed Mikage.

"If you hate me... Claim your vengeance against the Imperial Army, Teito Klein!!" Mikage said to a shocked and injured Teito before he continued, "Oh, Zehel? I forgot to ask. How is the scythe? It is... destined to return to me someday. Until then take good care of it, will you?"

Soon after he said that the single wing on his back began to disappear.

"Impossible... You can't be...!!" Zehel yelled at him. He couldn't even finish his sentence as he was interrupted by the diving figure of Teito trying to reach his quickly disappearing friend.

"DON'T GO!! MIKAGE!!" He yelled.

Tears stung my eyes. Every time I watched this scene I cried for the rest of the episode; as you can tell, I'm still not used to his death. I jumped down to the bridge the three were on, I had to do something, but unfortunately, I couldn't save Mikage. All I could do was watch a crying Teito hug his smiling friend until he disappeared completely into birds and light.

That is what happens when a good man dies I guess.

Teito was left standing there crying at the loss of his best friend. I wanted to go comfort him in some way. I started to reach out to him, but I hesitated, bringing my hand back to my chest. I steeled my resolve and reached out to him once more. This time I successfully rested my hand on Teito's shoulder.

"Look, um," Dang, I couldn't let him know that I knew his name,or Mikage."I'm really sorry for your friend, he seemed like a good man. It must be hard on you, his... passing and all... but, I don't think he would want you to feel so upset about it. He didn' t look like that kind of person, no one does. And for all you know, he could be finding a way back to you right now. Life wor-" My sentence was cut off. Seems to happen alot, me getting cut off...

"Shut up! What could you know?! You don't know either of us! Stop acting like it! You could never ever understand the pain of losing a person so close to you! So just leave me alone!" Teito yelled at me, before running off. The tears sprung into my eyes once more. If he only knew, if he only knew...

I could hear Zehel come up behind me. " Don't take that to heart, kid. The brat was just upset, he did lose his first and best friend," he said gently. If I didn't know it was Frau, I never would've guessed he said it. Who knew Frau, of all people, could be nice and gentle.

~~~TIME SKIP~~~THE NEXT DAY~~~

Over the time I've been here in the Church, I have met and became good friends with Frau, Labrador, Castor, a few nuns, and Lazette. (A/N: Somehow I broke the italics button... ^.^''''  10 min later... Yes!!! Back to the story...) This morning I went with Frau to get Mikage's reincarnation from his dragon herd, or whatever groups of Fyulong dragons are called. Oh my glob, the babies are adorable! But, their mothers... All I'm going to say is, NEVER TRUST FRAU, especially when he says its completely safe to play with the babies...

"Hey guys!" I chirped to Lab and Castor before I scooted a little further away from the door.

"Ready or not, here I come! Stupid Brat!" Frau shouted as he kicked down the door of the depressed Teito. Behind him, Cas and Lab tried to hide their shock. One look at their faces sent me into pealing laughter.

"Whoa?! Hey, don't run away!" Mikage was cutely running in circles around Frau's feet. I giggled, picked up Mikage, and petted his furry, pink head.

Teito sat up, wipping tears from his eyes. "What do you want?! No one said you could come in!!"

A unusually stotic Frau answered him, "I've got something for you."

Taking that as a hint to put Mikage down, I gently placed the squirming Mikage down on the bed. My cute, fuzzy buddy immediately crawled under his previous life's military academy jacket, leaving his tail swishing behind him. Aww... That's such an adorable first impression...

"-ittle one's soulhas the same color as Mikage's." Frau finished explaining to Teito. Apparently, Mikage's cuteness made me space out for a couple minutes... Looking back at Teito and Mikage, I saw Mikage lick Teito's cheek, causing Teito to start crying again. I couldn't help but let out a small 'Aww".

"Even thoughhe lost his previous life... He came back to Earth... And found you again," Frau said next to the two. Strangely, I could see an outline of human Mikage behind Teito. Ok, that's new...

" Hey. Did you always have that collar?" Frau asked Teito.

"Oh. This..." Teito trailed off.

Suddenly, Frau appeared behind him holding abnormally large scissors. He reached out a hand while saying in a condensating tone, "I can take it off for you. Poor thing..."

"Don't touch me!! Where'd you get those scisors?!" Teito yelled while moving out of Frau's reach.

"Let Uncle Frau handle it,"

"NO!! DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

"Stay still..."

The collar around Teito's neck activated and bit Frau's thumb. HARD.

"AAAAAGGHHH!" Frau started to scream bloody murder.

"Teito?!" The door slammed open and Lab barged in with Cas. They were both greeted with Teito strangling a confused Frau and me laughing on the floor.

Luckily, the two I was laughing at couldn't hear me. Who could when your either yelling 'Take it off!' or 'What did I do?!' at the top of your lungs. I bet the whole church could hear us.

!$$*$$)$$#%&%)%%(^$#@%*()_*&&(())*(^#!%^%__^@^%#&(

Yay!

Its a long chappie!

But another chapter finished anyways!

It was a sad chappie, but it ended pretty well!

Hope you enjoyed it!