VI

Sitting in a chair behind Clarice's head as Valentine's hands stretched out at the purple haired mutant's temple. White glowing light coming out of her palms.

Taking away her pain and making sure she was sleeping peacefully, when she remembered how Marcos was at first reluctant to leave her with the task.

"I thought you said I'm banned from stepping outside the headquarters?" Marcos said curiously, still unsure where they stood

"You are, but I also said until I said so" Valentine said factually as she turned to face Marcos who was already prepared to leave and just waiting for Caitlin to say goodbye to her kids.

Valentine made the first move of speaking seeing as though Marcos looked hesitant to bring up their earlier argument "Listen Marcos I get it okay? I want her back too just as much as you do, but in order to do that we need to work together and not go behind each other back, understand?"

Marcos let himself smile as his shoulders relaxed at the tension leaving his body. Truth be told, he hated arguing with Valentine, Val was his family, she was one of the reason why he even met Lorna in the first place and who got him out of the Cartel. Despite being a mutant fugitive, he considered himself lucky at the life he had. Not many mutants can have the simple luxuries what he has now. So he was grateful at Val for everything.

She was his family always.

"Are you sure your gonna be okay?" Marcos asked reluctantly as he knew what kind of damage her body it could take to constantly utilize her powers.

"I'll be fine, just don't take too long" she smirked at his concern knowing things were slowly going to be okay between them, she may have not fully forgiven him now but she was willing to give him another chance.

Snapping out of the memory when she saw the boy from earlier enter her peripheral vision and sitting down the seat few feet away.

"Hey, you should get some rest, you haven't moved from that chair ever since they left" she didn't think he would speak to her seeing as they weren't even close enough,

heck they literally just met!

"It's fine, I need to do this, Clarice is in constant pain, it's the least I can do for her" she answered back to the boy.

Nodding bashfully at that, boy just ducked his head and playing with his fingers nervously. But Valentine could feel him glancing at her every so often.

"I'm Valentine"

"Huh?" Spinning around to face her as he thought she wouldn't want to continue their conversation.