IX

THEN

Andy and Scott were now playing video games and for once Andy felt normal like he was back to just a regular teenager whose biggest worry is passing high school. No sentinels to worry to catch them.

As if he wasn't a fugitive being hunted down.

As if he wasn't a mutant.

Andy knew as a child that he wasn't much of a golden boy every parent should be proud of. He wasn't academically inclined as they initially hoped, and he wasn't as outgoing or friendly as his older sister. He certainly wasn't sporty and on the football team like his father would have wanted instead he was in a way considered the school's loner and freak. His quiet demeanor and thin frame made him the perfect target for the bullies to torment him.

he wanted to escape that life but what he didn't know were the consequences of this wish. Now he missed this— him playing video games

No running and just being normal.

But then he suddenly felt a gwaning overwhelming pain in the pit of his stomach, as he realized it was a burning ache of guilt, as he thought about how the other mutants back at the underground couldn't have this.

The privileges he had as a child growing up were foreign to them and he felt bad how here he was wishing to be normal again where some mutants have it worse.

When suddenly he was dragged away from his thoughts when his cousin piped up "always knew you were a beast at medal of honor but now you're the beast at real life too"

"All right" dismissing his cousin's words with a grin

"You know what I'm gonna call you now?  De-Struckto, get it? It's like Strucker.." Glancing at him but still very much multitasking at the game.

"Yeah, I get it. please don't" lips curled up as he didn't want to entertain the thought further.

Andy thought it was done but he should have known better when his cousin didn't stop with his incessant ramblings. "Could you like destroy a skyscraper?"

Pausing for a while " uhh I don't know. Probably not."

"Here cover my flank, I'm going in"

"I gotchu De-Struckto"

"Dude, really?"

"What about, like, a jumbo jet?"