【𝟏𝟎】

The news of Princess Levana's claim on Vermithor spread like wildfire and soon enough, she received gifts from her grandparents to better help her prepare for life as a dragonrider. As her dragon was the largest among her siblings, the princess would be able to train to ride sooner than her brothers.

Levana received riding gear from both her Grandsires. King Viserys also gifted her with a saddle - all the gifts were promptly delivered to Dragonstone just days after news reached her grandparents. Levana was, of course, elated to receive the gift from them and was excited to try her new items.

"I can't believe it, Ana," Jacaerys gazed upon the Bronze Fury as the dragonkeepers fastened the saddle unto him, "you finally have Vermithor!"

Levana smiled at her younger brother before looking at her dragon, there were no words that could describe the happiness and excitement that she felt.

Ever since she was young, she had always wanted to ride Vermithor.

She was finally able to do it.

"Princess," One of the keepers called, "your mount is ready."

Levana nodded and walked towards Vermithor, "calm," she whispered as the dragon lowered his neck for the princess.

"Look at you," Rhaenyra said as she walked towards her daughter with a proud and nostalgic smile, "you remind me of someone that I used to know."

The younger princess smiled at her mother as she mounted Vermithor. The dragon shook a bit before spreading its wings.

"Fly."

At the command, the large beast took to the skies.

"Look at you," Ser Laenor called from his own mount, Seasmoke, who flew just beside Vermithor.

Levana looked at her father with glee as the Bronze Fury roared mightily into the skies.

"Don't be too bold," Laenor stated, "you're still getting used to riding and it's important that you get a feel of your dragon's temperament."

Levana took note of her father's advice as she stroked Vermithor's neck. The dragon grumbled as he continued to fly.

Laenor watched his daughter with glee. He knows just how much Levana waited for the day that she could take to the skies with her own dragon.

As a father, it was fulfilling to see his daughter finally live out a dream that she's wanted since she was a child.

"Levana," Laenor began, "let's see how good you and Vermithor are at landing."

The princess nodded with excitement as Vermithor flew steadily, waiting for a command.

The sight of Levana riding Vermithor was a proud moment for Laenor.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

In the span of a few months, Levana was allowed to fly Vermithor around the castle unsupervised. She was also able to ride to Driftmark with the guidance of her father.

Princess Rhaenys was proud to see her first grandchild on such a beast. Lord Corlys made sure that Levana would have more riding gear to wear. The princess got to spend more time with her paternal grandparents as Driftmark was the only other place she was allowed to fly to.

Whenever she would ask to fly to King's Landing to see her Grandsire, her mother would always dismiss the thought saying that the Dragonpit was not built to hold something as big as Vermithor. Levana would just let it go and attempt to ask another time though she always knew that the answer would be the same.

She never understood why they had to leave King's Landing in the first place - she felt most at home there but she knew her mother had reasons. She's heard some of them but she would always shrug it off as it wasn't something that she was meant to hear in the first place.

Today, Levana was flying around Dragonstone Castle. This is what her daily flights usually looked like. A couple of rounds around the castle, a round or two around the island itself, and back. It wasn't the most enriching ride but Levana would rather have it than none at all.

Her flight was interrupted by the sight of her father waving at her from one of the castle towers. She commanded Vermithor to land near the courtyard where she was greeted by her mother with a letter in her hands.

"Has something happened, mother?" Levana asked as Rhaenyra nodded.

"It's your Aunt Laena," Rhaenyra began, "we've lost your aunt."

Levana wasn't by all means close to her Aunt Laena or any of her cousins from her line but she was family and her father loved his sister very much. However, as young as she is, she didn't know how to properly react to having lost someone like that.

"We're headed to Driftmark in a few days' time," Rhaenyra stated as she began to walk back into the castle. Levana followed after her mother, "will Grandsire be there?"

"We will be hosted by Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys," The older princess responded as Levana shook her head, "I meant my grandsire, the King."

Rhaenyra stopped in her tracks before looking at her daughter with a small smile, "yes, King Viserys will be there."

Levana's face turned bright as she came to the realization that she would be reunited with her Grandsire after months of being away from each other. She missed the king dearly and cannot wait to share with him the story of how she managed to claim Vermithor and how her flights with her dragon have been.

"Aemond will be there as well," Rhaenyra chuckled, "did you think I've forgotten?"

The young princess' face bore a hint of pink at the mention of the name, Levana froze as her mother pinched her cheek.

"I was teasing, Levana," Rhaenyra smiled, "unless, of course, you think of Aemond differently."

Levana shook her head, "I think of Aemond as a friend!"

Rhaenyra raised a brow, "a friend, of course," she chuckled, "a friend that you spend most of your time with, yes."

"Mother!" Levana raised her voice slightly as Rhaenyra raised her arms in defeat.

"You seem to be really affected for someone who only thinks of my brother as a friend," The older princess teased once more as Levana puffed her cheeks and began to walk off. Rhaenyra watched her daughter in amusement before walking behind her with a wide smile.

The conversation gave Rhaenyra an idea but she would have to run it by Laenor. Still, she thought of it as a bright one.