Chapter 13 - Do Your Worst, Satan

Rhia's body tingled where Ezra kissed, licked, and nibbled her skin. A smile curled over her lips as she traced the curve of his pectoral as she lay cuddled up in his arms.

Her life being turned upside down was something she should almost expect, but being a goddess was the last thing she could've imagined and while her memories weren't completely merging with her past life, she couldn't help the joy she felt waking up next to the being she'd been yearning for in her dreams.

Sae was here. He was real, and he was hers. As selfish and absurd as it was, considering the immense danger she was in, she wished he'd do more than tease and edge her to mind blowing orgasms. She wanted the powerful and breathtaking love he made with Ruhina.

Rhia held up her hand, feeling the tingling of magic coursing through her veins, and sighed. She barely understood herself now or how she was going to master her power to take on Godiran. Sex should be the last thing on her mind.

"Good morning," Ezra murmured, wrapping his hand around hers and bringing it to his lips. "How are you feeling?"

She looked up into his black eyes and her hand tingled where he placed a soft kiss on her palm. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he said, turning on his side as he slid his clawed hand to her cheek. "You were sighing as if you had something heavy on your mind."

Rhia raised an eyebrow. "I just found out I'm a goddess being hunted by a god and the being from my dreams is real. Of course, I have some heavy shit on my mind."

"Yeah, that's true," he said, caressing her cheek. "But that wasn't the reason for that dejected sigh, was it?"

Rhia bit her lip. "Can you read my mind?"

"No, but I can read your body," he said, curling his fingers under her chin. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She sighed. "It's silly and we should get up. You need to teach me how to do magic," she said, pushing away from him, but he tightened his arm around her waist, keeping her still.

"That can wait," he said, caressing her bottom lip. "Tell me what's wrong, sweetness."

"You said you'd give me what I desire when we met," she said, trailing her fingers over his chest. "And I know it's stupid, given everything that's happened, but last night wasn't it."

Ezra chuckled softly. "It's not stupid to feel that way and I'm sorry I disappointed you," he said, kissing her forehead. "But I didn't want to overwhelm you, especially with your emotions guiding your magic at the moment."

"Yeah. I don't want to banish you by accident again."

"No, and you need to get used to who you are," he said, kissing her softly. "Do you still think you're a monster?"

She shook her head. "No, but this power I have is kind of terrifying," she said, sitting up and staring at her hands. "Now that I've relived Ruhina's memories, I can feel the duality of her. She was life and death, good and evil, and she –"

"Rhia," Ezra said, placing his hand over hers. "Take a breath, sweetness. You're building a forest."

"I'm, what?" She looked up from her hands and her eyes grew wide at the thick vines covering the walls and the lush green grass blanketing the floor. "Oh shit! How do I make it stop?" she said as the window shattered beside them and a thick tree branch burst into the room sprouting vibrant green leaves above their heads. "Ezra! What do I do?!"

"It's alright," he said, sitting up behind her and pressing her hands together. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath."

"How is that going to help?" she said, tensing up as the vines wrapped around the bed frame and wild flowers burst to life in the grass.