Ch 6

As Cael ran away from Museum, he soon reached a forest where his Beauty Magecraft began losing effect. He took a rest absorbing the surrounding prana without alerting anyone.

'So, the limit is along 80 minutes. I should still not give up my identity. I don't know if the mage won, even if the mage didn't, I can't be under the radar of Church. If the Mage did win, the mage will be after me '

"Speak of the devil"

Cael jumped onto the branch of a tree as three knives landed on his previous spot.

Just then, He heard the mage speak for the first time.

"I know you are there so, I won't make this difficult for you, give me the painting. You and I both know the people of the church will be looking for us at any moment"

While Cael is surprised by the voice as it is feminine while the figure is masculine. He has more pressing matters to be concerned about. He once again activated his Beauty magecraft concealing his face and body structure.

Just as Cael is about to jump, he stopped. He can feel it, his mind's eye warning about the inescapable danger he'll be in if he defied the woman. For the first time, he felt a threat.

"I don't mind giving you the painting but what would I get in exchange? You can't expect me to just give you away this priceless artifact. We are talking about an object that is radiating mystery"

His voice came out distorted but still, the mage could hear the voice.

"Very well, what do you want? Nothing outrageous though and I can kill you in a second if you try any funny tricks"

"Do you have any Alchemy spells?"

"I will give you Memory partition and Thought acceleration spells. How about it?"

"You have a deal"

At the exchange, he finally understood why his mind's eye warned him to not act rashly.

She has dangerous mystic eyes, the eyes that allow one to view the past and bring the past effects into the present. Mystic eyes of Transience.

Cael thought 'She must have had some lethal attacks from the past and stored them. If she went full offensive, I will die even with all my magecraft.'

"Don't show off these spells, You will be killed if someone from Atlas learned of your knowledge"

'She's a good person among mages, If I were in her place with those mystic eyes, I would surely not negotiate like this'

After the exchange, Cael ran away changing his looks various times. He used projection magecraft to change the look of his clothes.

He used so much magecraft that more than half of his prana is drained to casting spells. He got to his room and took a rest restoring his prana.

After feeling refreshed, he smiled.

"The mission is accomplished with extra benefits"

He took a note from his pocket which contained everything about the painting and mainly the way the art is designed.

It's his speculation but that's what the mission is, to give details on the art of ancient paintings of Christ.

The head of the neutral faction belongs to the Department of creation which focuses on art-type magecraft.

Cael left the hotel and returned to the clock tower submitting his thesis.

Returning to his workshop, He once again focused on his work in progress, Blood Magecraft.