Chapter-2

𝑁𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒
𝐽𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝐾𝑟𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑛𝑎

(I hope you can please atleast vote and comment. To a budding writer like myself. Your support means a lot. Please don't be a silent reader. Feel free to drop your opinion.)

******************************

Flashback continued…

Advik's POV

Everyone rushed to Kashvi. I pushed past people to see Kashvi lying in with blood around her scalp. 

“Don't close your eyes Kashvi. Stay awake.” I said, gathering her in my arms. I settled her in the backseat with my mother who had her handkerchief pressed against Kashvi's head. Sahil settled on the passenger seat as we drove to the nearest hospital. 

She was hustled to the urgent care room. We waited for almost two hours before she was shifted to a private room. The nurse handed over all of Kashvi's accessories and jewellery. It was Kashvi's engagement ring, Nuptial chain (Mangalsutra) and a few more things. I kept staring at the black beaded chain. She never took it off. 

After around 30 minutes we were allowed into her room. They had changed her into a hospital gown. 

Flashback ends

“Advik! Advik!” His mother shook him out of his trance. 

“What happened back at the party?” His mother asked again. He couldn't answer her. His mother didn't know about Shanaya and his relationship with her.

“Bhai has been cheating on Bhabi since the day they got married. And today Bhabi finally caught both the cheats in the act. Bhai never acknowledged Bhabi.” Sahil spoke as his upper lip curled into disdain. Sahil was disgusted by his brother. Their mother gasped.

“That's no way you talk about your brother. I know him, he would never do something like this.” Their mother said hopefully looking at Advik who was sitting with his head bowed down. 

“Then you don't know Bhai well. Ask him if he wasn't in a relationship with Shanaya even after marrying Bhabi.” Sahil scoffed. 

“Advik? Is it true?” Their mother let out almost in a shocking state.

Advik didn't answer. His lack of response was enough for his mother to realise that Sahil was actually telling the truth. Without giving it a second thought her palm connected to Advik's face. His mother kept slapping him until Sahil stopped her.

“Why did you do this, Advik? Why did you ruin this girl's life? Her father trusted us. She has no one in this world. Didn't I ask you if you were seeing someone before the marriage? Why didn't you speak about this girlfriend of yours then?” His mother asked, dejected. Her breathing started to become shallow before she finally lost balance. Advik and Sahil assisted her to the couch. 

“Maa, I am sorry. Please forgive me. I have come to terms with my feelings. I have fallen for Kashvi. I love her.” Advik said kneeling in front of his mother but his mother refused to look at him. Advik's heart sank. The atmosphere of the room was tense. 

“It's past 12, we can allow only one family member to stay the night.” The nurse announced. 

“I will stay with Kashvi.” Advik declared before anyone could say anything. 

“This is Kashvi bhabi, Bhai. Not Shanaya. As far as I remember, you wanted to do nothing with Kashvi Bhabi.” Sahil recalled in a mock tone. Advik's face marred with shame. He had lost the respect of his family.