Chapter-8

Namaste ❤️
Hare Krishna ❣️

(Please vote and comment my dear readers. It let's me know people are validating my work. Tell me your opinion. A kind request please.)

*****************************

Chapter- 8

Flashback Continued…

Third person

“Go bring my daughter home, safe and sound. I will be waiting. Take the vows seriously and pay attention to the mantras.” Savita said, kissing Advik’s cheeks. Advik was wearing an ivory brocade embroidered sherwani with a matching safa on his head. He was also carrying the antique decorated sword of the Ahuja family, as a part of the age-old tradition of the Khatri Hindu weddings. 

Advik along with his brother Sahil sat in his luxury car which was beautifully decorated and left for the Agarwal villa. The wedding was to take place in the backyard of the Agarwals.

Advik’s distant relatives were already at the wedding venue whereas the close ones were following them. Advik was given a grand welcome when he reached the venue. He was ushered to the mandap and was made to sit. 

All heads turned to the entrance as Kashvi walked down the aisle holding her fathers hand. Her father was supporting himself with a walking stick. Kashvis's head was covered with a veil. She was wearing a red heavy zardozi embroidered lehenga designed by one of the top designers in India. Advik was too awestruck to react. Kashvi looked like an angel sent from above. The couple exchanged garlands and were made to sit beside each other. 

The priest took the blessings of the Lord Ganesha and commenced the wedding. The wedding rituals took place one by one binding the couple in the holy matrimony. The couple wholeheartedly listened to the seven holy vows and their significance. It was time for Sindoor Daan. Advik took a pinch of vermillion and applied it to Kashvi's hair partition. A speck of vermillion landed on her nose tip. 

Kashvi hugged her father dearly. It was an emotional moment for the father and daughter. Even though Kashvi was moving just next door it seemed like seven sees. Kashvi kissed her father's cheeks before finally settling in the back seat. 

“Take care of her.” Her father said as Advik touched his feet. 

Kashvi was welcomed warmly at her new home. Savita grabbed her in a hug as she bent down to touch her feet and kissed her cheeks. 

Kashvi soaked her hand in the red aalta and imprinted them on the wall near the home temple. 

It was time for the ‘fish the ring' custom and surprisingly Kashvi won all three rounds. Everyone hooted around the couple. 

After the rituals were done Kashvi was taken to the newly furnished room that the couple would share. She was made to sit on the bed while Advik’s cousins kept her company. 

Clearing his throat, grabbing his cousin's attention, Advik entered the room. “Hmm, our handsome groom is here. So bad he can't see his bride until we get our demanded amount.” Demanded Riya, the eldest of all. After a back and forth banter the girls settled on twenty thousand. 

Kashvi became conscious soon after the cousins left. She was aware of her husband's nearing footsteps. 

“Relax, I am not doing anything.” The bed dipped beside her as Advik sat. 

“Here, this is your gift.” Advik said and placed a velvet case on her palm. Kashvi opened the box only to gasp. It was a waterfall diamond necklace. 

“Thank you.”

“You are welcome. You look very beautiful by the way.” He said, giving her a small smile. 

“You look great yourself.” Advik smiled in return.

“Bhaiy…I mean Advik ji, I have something for you too.” Kashvi bit her thing at the slip. Advik gave her an amused smile.  

She carefully held her lehenga and walked towards her small night bag. She took out a neatly covered box. 

“Ye aapke liye.” She said softly. (This is for you) 

He opened the box to find a customised Rolex watch with a beautiful note attached to it.  

“Thanks.” It was a really beautiful watch. 

After that he asked her to sit beside me, patting the space next to me. “I need to tell you something,” Advik said and took a deep breath.

“Firstly tell me, do you want to consummate our marriage today?” He asked. He Watched her cheeks reflect colours which by the way he found very amusing.  

“No, I need some time.” She said with a small smile and hopeful eyes.  

“Good because I need some time too. I am dealing with a few things emotionally. And I need some time. Give me a couple of months.” He said.    

“You know you can share your problems with me. I am a good listener if not the best.” She said with a small smile.   

“Thank you.” Advik returned the smile and promptly kissed her forehead. It must have been shocking because she gasped. Blushing, she looked down. Silence enveloped them.  

“I think you should change and rest up. Do you need any help with the dress?” He said unbuttoning his sherwani. 

“Yes, just the knots on my back. And could you please help me remove the pins from my hair too?” She stood up. 

“Sure, let's start with the pins first. Hmm.” Advik said to which she nodded. He gingerly took out the dozens of pins and set them on the counter. He then helped Kashvi with the knots. 

“All done.” He let out once he was done. 

“Thank you.” He nodded

“I think you should use the washroom first.” Advik said and handed her the overnight bag. 

Kashvi took the bag from him and before he could turn around. Kashvi held by the shoulder, stood on her toes and placed a kiss on his cheek. Before he could process, Kashvi had already dashed into the washroom. 

Advik touched his cheek where his wife had just kissed him. A boyish grin appeared on his face. He could not deny that he liked the touch of his wife's soft lips on his skin. 

Just when he was about to remove his pants. His phone vibrated. 

'How could you do this to me?'

'How could you move on so soon.' 

'You never loved me.'

This was the third time he had received such a message that evening again from an unknown number. He had blocked them each time. It didn't take a genius to know who it was from.

He switched off his phone and placed it in the dresser.

Later that night, Kashvi had slept as soon as she hit the bed but Advik could not. Shanaya's texts kept him awake. In the past week she had done everything to catch his attention. To the length of going out with different men every night. He didn't want to admit it but it did somewhat bother and troubled him. He wanted to go and tell Shanaya that it was all over. But he didn't even want to see her face. He was not supposed to feel anything for that cheat of a woman. 

After a lot of struggle he finally went to sleep. Sending a silent prayer to Lord Krishna and whispering the name of Lord Krishna, he slept.

************************************
Vote, comment and share, please.

🌷Radhe Radhe 🌷