Caught Twice

Macaque was the first to wake up and see the red sky. The sun was falling and it was the moon's turn to rise.

He woke up to a clicking sound and looked over to see Wukong's successor, the Monkie Kid taking pictures of them both. The two were wrapped around each other, tails intertwined. Macaque jolts up, waking up the Monkey King as his successor smirks.

"Its so nice to see you both get along," Mk sneers.

"BUD. DELETE THOSE." Wukong yells.

"I dont know what you mean," Mk rolled his eyes and shrugs, putting his phone in his pocket.

Wukong jumps onto Mk, trying to wrestle his phone out of him.
Macaque watches without the slightest bit of care in the world but with much interest to see who would win. He smirks and cheers,
"Get 'im Wukong!"

They both fight on the ground until Mk realizes and blurts out,
"You dont know my password.."

Wukong pauses. He looks back at Macaque who's on the cloud and is clearly unfazed then back at Mk.
"You also can't read," Macaque says and Wukong gasps as he snaps his head back towards Macaque.

Mk takes this chance to get away. He runs off and jumps off the cliff they were on and transforms into a hawk, flying himself back to the city.

"WHAT- YOU- YOU LET HIM GET AWAY!" Wukong yells.

Macaque's blank faced and shrugs before he lays back down. He rumages around to find his unfinished peach chips and as soon as he finds them, he happily opens his mouth to welcome the food. Though sadly, he never got to eat one before Wukong grabbed Macaque by the waist tightly.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?" Macaque exclaimed.

"Since you let him get away, I wont let you get away!"

"THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE! LET GO YOU- IDIOT!" Macaque yells as he tried to pull the Great Sage's arms off.

They tumble around the cloud until they fall off and hit the ground.

Wukong fell on his back and Macaque fell on top of him. Some how their fingers were intertwined and both struggling. Macaque smiles at the golden monkey who catches his grin and deadpans,
"What is it."

"Oh nothing, I just find this plausible."

Wukong growls before he does a swift movement which causes them to turn to where Macaque is on his back and Wukong is on top of him.
"This really is plausible, dont you think?" Wukong jeers.

"Shut up," Macaque groans and looks away.

Wukong was silent which caused Macaque to turn back. The Great Sage's face was slightly flushed and shocked.
"What is it now?" Macaque deadpans.

"Are you holding my tail right now?" Wukong impishly grins and cocks a brow at him as his face got a bit redder.

Macaque becomes completely flushed as well when he realizes he was right and whips his tail away.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT." He exclaimed. "Dont think anything of it!"

Wukong stared at the shadow warrior who was looking away and hiding his face with his scarf. He came up with an idea and Wukong jokingly intertwined their tails again which causes Macaque to snap his head to face Wukong.

"What the fuck do you think you're doi-" The shadow stopped as he realized how close Wukong's face was to his own. The Monkey King's eyes narrowed as he got closer and Macaque just shut his eyes.

A moment goes past and nothing happens but then feels weight come off of him. He opens his eyes and realizes Wukong wasnt even on top of him anymore. Instead the golden monkey was back on the cloud.

"I've gotten tired so I'm going back to sleep, alright Macaque?"

'This fucker...' Macaque thought.

"Fine, you go to bed," Macaque said as he brushed dirt off of himself. "I'll just stay up for a bit longer!" He exclaimed as he jumped onto a branch and disappeared into the trees.

A few moments went by before the Monkey King's tail started lashing angrily on the cloud and his eyebrows were furrowed, making his forehead crease.
"I CANT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!" He yelled to no one but himself.

He pulled at his hair and rolled around on the cloud. Did he really just try to do... THAT- To his friend!! Enemy?!?

"WHATEVER WE ARE!" Wukong complained.

He groaned as he looked a few feet away to see a few of his monkey subjects staring at him in confusion. Their heads were turned slightly and one was about to walk up to their king before he turned around and groaned again into his somersault cloud. They all decided to run away towards someone else that may entertain them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so stupid.." Macaque muttered. He dragged his hands down his face and rested his head against the tree he was sitting on. "Why did I even come here in the first place."

A group of monkeys came to stop by and watched in interest as the darker monkey beat himself up for displaying himself as Sun Wukong's friend. They werent. They were enemies and have been since the journey. The warrior just had to be reminded of the Monkey King's unforgivable action!

Macaque looked up to a small hoot and saw monkeys sitting on the same branch as him while watching him. They hooted in excitement as they finally got the shadow's attentions. All of them talking over the other but still very loud, much louder to Macaque though.

"Guys, one at a time," Macaque winced.

They all became quiet and stared at each other but they only started yelling even louder and talked even faster. Though Macaque caught some words.
"Crush!" "You!" "Our king!" "Silly King!"

"Guys I cant understand you-"

"King! King!" They started yelling, pulling on Macaque's clothes while pointing in their king's direction.

"Okay! Okay!" Macaque said in defeat as he decided to follow along.

They led him to their king but he was fast asleep. Curled up in a ball-like shape and his tail fwipped back and forth. His breath was slow and steady, nothing like how it would be when the king's awake. But the monkeys quietly pointed at him and kept tugging on Macaque.

"Are you telling me to go to sleep?" Macaque asked but before the monkeys got a peep in, they were all patted on the head and were given a smile. "Guess I should. You should all head to your families or nest guys, the moon's almost out." He waved as he walked towards Monkey King and the cloud.

"Night everybody," the warrior smiled at them as he sat on the cloud and got himself comfortable.

The smalled monkeys hooted sadly because their message was not entirely heard but defeatedly ran back into the forest.

1136 words