Stupid Photo

Wukong scrunches his nose and unconsciously bats the tail that was tickling his face away. A low chuckle was heard but the king ignored it. A tail continued to tickle his face so he bats it away again,
"Xianjiao, quit it." The monkey king scrunches his face and mumbles.

"Wrong monkey," a low voice said.

Wukong groggily opened his eyes and found a black tail swaying back and forth in front of him. He looks up and sees a familiar grinning smile. He groans,
"Stop it Mac."

...

"MACAQUE?!" Wukong exclaims as he jolts up and off of the shadow immediately.

"Well hello there sleeping beauty," the shadow mindlessly said as he watched Wukong sit across from him, putting a reasonable distance between the two.

"What're you still doing here." Wukong swatted a rock away angrily with his tail.

"I have nothing better to do than to bug you," Macaque shrugged.

"Well you can go now. I'm sure you have some 'scheming' to do, dont you?"

"Eh, my mind hasnt been thinking recently. Besides thinking about schemes we could do together." Macaque grinned and Wukong pursed his lips.

"I'm busy today. Go find someone else to bug." Wukong got up and dusted dirt off of his body and walked away but Macaqued watched his tail as it swung side to side as if it's a dog wagging its own tail happily.

The warrior scoffs as the Wukong leaves the cave through the waterfall. He pulls out the frame he was given hours before. It was a painting of him and Wukong that he made. Macaque looked peaceful and bright with his silver fur and Wukong was drawn all buff and strong.

Macaque smiles as he reminisces more of their past together. How they used to pull the 'schemes' that Wukong came up with together. How they'd play in their forest that they ruled as kings. How they'd-

The macaque's ears flick as he hears grunts and blows being exchanged but whining and laughger was included, Wukong's laughter. Macaque heard the Monkey King's successor whining and complaining.

Macaque realized time flew by and it was already the afternoon. Which was around when Mk got off work, obviously. He gets up and dusts himself up but heard a complain of a small monkey that took its perch on Macaque's shoulder.

"Ah, sorry 'bout that," Macaque says but the monkey just chirps runs away.

Mk gets thrown into the cave and he grunts as he gets up. About to charge right back in but the notices Macaque,
"MACAQUE? I thought you'd left already?"

"Ah! Hey there kiddo-"

The staff was slammed into Macaque's body and he felt fruits from earlier coming up into his throat while feeling a crack in one of his pockets. He choked and coughed as he hit the wall of the cave. While wiping his mouth, he felt his pocket and noticed something was missing. Meanwhile, Sun Wukong came in and grabbed his successor.
"Woah Mk! Give me that!" He said.

"Sorry! I'm still getting the hang of it!"

"Yeah I know bud and it's okay.What are you still doing here anyways." Wukong huffed.

"I'm bored," the shadow shrugged after he jumped down from the wall he was struck into.

Wukong groaned and pointed at the warrior, "Go be bored somewhere else!!"

"That's boring."

Mk chuckled slightly before noticing a glimmer in the corner of his eye. He walked over and noticed a broken picture frame. He examined it suspiciously before picking it up.
"Woah! Is this you, Monkey King?"

Before Wukong could spill a word, he felt a gust of wind. Macaque raced over to Mk and grabbed the frame out of his hand.

"Hey! What was that for!"

"Nunya beeswax kid," Macaque scoffed as he threw away an empty, broken frame and placed something folded up in his pocket.

"Aw c'mon! You didn't even let me show Monkey King!"

"It's none of his business either." Macaque blew a raspberry at the king.

"It's probably something stupid then," Wukong commented.

"Yeah, it is."

The three stood in silence. That was until Mk looked to Wukong,
"Should we go back to training?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's go bud," Wukong smiled lightly. "C'mon! Try to catch me!" He ran out of the cave and into the waterfall. Mk followed along while laughing.

Macaque stared at where they left from, he could still hear them laughing and yelling through the rushing of the waterfall. He pulled the folded up picture out of his pocket and stared at it sorrowfully.

"..Yeah. Stupid." He mumbled.

It was a picture of the past. Him and Wukong were in the middle, one smiling too widely and the other only had a small smile that was barely noticeable. The Monkey King's arm was wrapped around his neck their cheeks flushed against each other. Yellow Tusks and Peng were chattering and laughing in the back and Azure was the only one who looked the most normal.

"What a stupid thing." Macaque hissed as he dropped it to the floor, walking away angrily.

A small monkey crawled in and cooed as Macaque left. It picked up the picture with its mouth and hurried towards Macaque's direction.

869 words

(Words from me??)
totally didnt forget i was a writer for a second