Monkey Naps

Mk just got back from Flower and Fruit Mountain and zooms his way into Pigsy's
Noodles. He yelled and called for his best friend.

"What?" Mei responds while peeking out of one of the booths.
"YOU WONT BELIEVE THE PICTURES I JUST TOOK!" He rushed to get his phone but drops it. Mei jumps and catches it mid-air and yells a small "Got it!" before falling face-flat.

"MEI?!?" Mk exclaims.

"Dont worry, I'm good Mk! So whats this?" She asks as she peeks at his phone. She takes a good look at the pictures and realizes its Macaque and Wukong cuddling. The dragon decendant pauses for a second and the next, she has a stupid grin on her face.
"Ohoho, I see what this isss..." She says and smiles at Mk.

"You thinking what I'm thinking Mei?"

"Mk. I've been your bestfriend/only friend for years. Of course I do."

"LETS GO TEASE THEM!!" Mei exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air as Mk said,
"LETS GO USE THIS TO BLACKMAIL MONKEY KING TO-"

"..Wait what." They both said in unison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its morning and Macaque is all over Wukong's cave. Making fun of all the smudged, fading paintings on the walls.

"IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE US?!" He held his stomach as he let out a cackle.

"WUKONG! WHO'D YOU LET PAINT THESE? THEY CLEARLY SUCK!!" Macaque jeered.

Wukong blushed in embarrassment but looked hurt by those words. His tail drooped down and lips were slightly pouting. After laughing a bit more, Macaque noticed Wukong hadnt replied. His sneering smile faded as he looked over.
"Did you make these?" Macaque asked.

Wukong said nothing and refused to make eye contact.. Macaque jumped down from whatever rock he was on and stared at the king. He bit the inside of his cheek and just said fuck it.
"Hey, king? Y'know I was joking right?" Wukong's pout becoming more noticeably was his response.

"Wukong. stop being so dramatic."

"I'm not being dramatic," The monkey king rolled his eyes.

Macaque reached out a hand and held Wukong's face. He was about to retort before the shadow started to scratch behind the king's ear. He leaned into the touch, accepting this feeling and more while involuntarily getting closer to the macaque

Wukong was very surprised by this but he couldnt care less. He liked this feeling..

He subconsciously hugs Macaque and smiles when Macaque reaches out his other hand to mirror his first.

Macaque.. enjoyed this moment, after all, didn't expect this. He expected the Great Sage; Equal to Heaven, to push him away. Not accepting the touch and wanting more.
But there wasnt much Macaque could do, both of them wanted the moment to last.

There was quiet giggling from just outside of the waterfall, Macaque was sure only he could hear it because Wukong didnt move a muscle. The warrior sighs as he makes a shadow clone. It was made with orders so it left immediately to find out who was outside the waterfall.

"What are the two of you doing?" the shadow clone appears from behind them which scared the two.
"Oh! Macaque!- You're Macaque right?"

The shadow cocks a brow and crosses his arms, "Yes I'm Macaque. I'm just a bit busy right now so I can't physically come to you."

"Ohhhh-"

"So what are you busy with?" Mei chirped in as she rested her head on Mk's shoulder, making a face at the shadow clone.

"None of your business dragon girl," the shadow flicked her forehead, making her take a step back to hold her tiny wound.

Macaque stares at Mk who is looking away and playing with his jacket. The shadow sighs and drags his hand down his face,
"I wont tell your little mentor if you kids get out of here,"

Mk and Mei stared at Macaque blankly as he crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow.
"or would you prefer me to go get him?"

"NOPE! WE'RE LEAVING NOW!" Mk grabbed Mei and dragged her down the path they came from even though she was very stubborn about leaving.

Macaque chuckled before the shadow dispersed into nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Macaque opens his eyes and realized the great sage was barely conscious. His eyes kept opening and closing but his grip on Macaque remaining the same. The warrior sighs as he guides the sleepy king to lay on him. Both black and golden tails swing back and forth in relaxation. Macaque's hands never left the king's soft hair. Macaque chuckles quietly, fiddling with little curls.

His ears twitch at the sound of small steps and Macaque craned his neck just enough to see three small monkeys behind him. One cooed and stepped closer when he ushered them all closer. The other two followed the first.

One laid near Macaque's thigh, one rested on the king and the other climbed up the shadow and on to his head. Wukong surprisingly didnt wake up from the movement but Macaque smiled as the three monkeys got comfy on him.

Macaque was about to close his eyes and perhaps try to meditate before he heard a hoot that sounded like it was trying to grab his attention. This time it came from beside him.

It was a fourth monkey holding a picture frame. It placed it on the ground and scooched it closer to Macaque, hooting once again.

"Do you want me to look at it?" Macaque asked.

It nodded his head in response.

He picked up the frame and hesitantly looked at it.

He stared. He stared for at least a few moments before a small grin appeared on his face.
"You said you lost this Wukong," the shadow muttered as he petted the golden monkey's head.

957 words