The Calamity is Coming

A/N -
This takes place in Breath of the Wild era before the calamity.

T.W. - Brief mention of suicide. Please do not read if that bothers you. If anyone needs to talk my PMs are always open. I love you guys!
——————

Dark's PoV -

Zelda, Link, the other champions, and myself travel with Zelda as she makes her way to the final of the three springs. The other champions wait at the base of the mountain as the three of us climb the mountain to reach the spring. Zelda is dressed in her lovely pure white dress. Every time I see her in it I always wish I had a beautiful dress like that. I think Link would like it on me too. I stand on the outside of the spring at the entrance while Link waits a bit further in. We turn our backs to give the princess some privacy as she steps into the water and prays aloud with to the goddess. After countless minutes of increasingly pleading prayer the princess gives up and slowly mopes out of the spring. We don't speak on the way down the mountain but we exchange sympathetic glances with the princess. Slowly and quietly we make our way down the mountain as Zelda cries obviously feeling devastated at not being able to unlock her power.

     Finally, Zelda has dried her tears by the time we meet with the champions. Our small group quietly chats and supports Zelda. Suddenly there's a shake of the ground. I don't feel right! Ganon's back! The others begin to rush to the top of the hill to see the state of Hyrule castle.

     Something in me changes and I'm overcome with bloodlust and resentment for Link. I ready my sword and charge at my once boyfriend. Some part of me, locked away, yells at my twisted self to stop but I already have my sword in the back of the hero. Link cries out in pain. I pull my sword away. Through his pain Link manages to subdue me, tackling me to the ground though he's seemingly careful to not let me hit my head. I manage to free myself of Link's grip but Urbosa rushes over and holds me down, her sword presses painfully against my neck. I can tell Link's life is fading. Part of me is already planing my escape back to Ganon and part of me wants to hold my hero and help him. Even though I betray him Link does nothing to hurt me and even cries out for Urbosa to unhand me. Link crawls over to us and try's to get Urbosa to unhand me but he collapses and dies at my feet. Link... I'm sorry.

     "Ahhhhhh, Link... I'm so sorry!" I'm crying.

     Then I realize, I'm in my bed. It was all a dream. I turn to find my sleepy boyfriend staring at me, concerned, trough beautiful drowsy eyes. "Dark... are you okay?" Link sits up next to me and snuggles into me.

     "Your safe..." I pull Link towards me and hug him. I kiss his forehead and take in his scent. He's safe.

     I hear snoring. Link is asleep in my arms. Beautiful. I lay my sleeping beauty down and tuck him in.

Quietly I find some of Link's extra tunics and pants. I quickly do my best to disguise myself as my boyfriend before I sneak out into the night. I have to find Zelda! I can't help but to think that dream was a glimpse into the future. A terrible future that I must not let happen.

I'm not allowed in the castle, that's why I'm disguised. The king of Hyrule thinks I'm a demon planing to bring the calamity to end Hyrule. That is the last thing I would ever do, I love this country and these people, but a part of me is not so sure now after that dream. Am I really a demon? I can't let that future happen!

I take a series of back entrances that are less guarded than the main entrance into the castle. I look down hoping the guards don't see my red eyes. Regardless, most of the guards like me. Since Link trusts me so do they. We sometimes spar a little and I teach the younger guards some new attacks.