127 6 3

I'm back. I'm sorry that I've been gone so long, I've been dealing with school, and saving up money to get rats. and I'm busy.

Mention of suicide!!
Self-hatred!!
Self-harm!!
Mention of Bruce's dad!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No one's POV
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bruce sighed, staring at the waffle Vance placed in front of him. "You can do it, sweetheart," Vance said, kissing the top of his head. Bruce grabbed his fork, taking a small bite of the waffle. "Okay... that's a start," Vance said, smiling. After a while, Bruce finished the waffle. "You did so well, I'm so proud of you." Vance praised, kissing Bruce's forehead. Bruce smiled. "Mama! Mom! Bruce did it! He finished his waffle!" Vance yelled to his moms, who came running in and started praising Bruce. Bruce smiled, happy with the family he found. "We're so proud of you, Bruce." Vance's Mom smiled, hugging Bruce. Bruce's smile slowly flipped into a frown. Why couldn't his family be like this? Why were they so dysfunctional? Questions like this kept rotating through his head, and he didn't even notice Vance has picked him up and brought him back to the room.

"Bruce? You alright, prince?" Vance asked, wrapping his arms around Bruce. Bruce sniffled, letting the tears fall from his eyes. "Why is my family so awful? Why can't we be like your family?" Bruce asked. God, his father was right. He's so weak. He should have listened to his dad and just killed himself when he had the chance. Bruce hated this feeling. He hated the feeling of agreeing with his dad if you can even call him a dad. Vance frowned, pulling Bruce closer as Bruce's sobs filled the room.

Vance was rubbing circles on Bruce's back, and accidentally bumped Bruce's arm. Bruce flinched, hard. Vance lightly grabbed Bruce's hand and pulled up his sleeve. Vance was staring at a horrid sight. Self-harm... all over his lover's arms. There were old scars, newly forming scars, and fresh cuts. "I'm sorry Vance... I'm so sorry! I didn't know what else to do!" Bruce apologized, sobbing into Vance's chest. "Hey, hey, it's okay. Momma is a nurse, she can patch you up." Bruce nodded, and Vance yelled out to his Momma. "MOMMA!" He yelled, covering Bruce's ears. Vance's Momma rushed upstairs. "What? What's wrong?!" She asked frantically before she caught a glimpse of Bruce's wrists. "Oh- Oh dear..." She mumbled, lightly moving Bruce's arm so she could see it better.

"HONEY! GET MY FIRST AID KIT PLEASE!" She yelled to her wife, attempting to comfort Bruce. Vance's mom rushed in with her wife's first aid kit. She too saw Bruce's wrist and frowned.

By the time Bruce was all cleaned up, he had fallen asleep, he had gotten so tired from sobbing and pushing himself to eat. Vance was definitely gonna be "talking" to Bruce's dad.