Inner Turmoil

"I can't believe you!" Alastor shouted at his shadow, his smile looking more like a smile, "Embarrassing me in front of everyone! I told your behave while Mimzy was here, and you couldn't even do that!"

The shadow coward away from Alastor, looking incredibly guilty. Alastor continued his verbal assault, not even seeming to realize the shadow's shoulders shaking a tad as he shouted at it. It wasn't until he spoke these words that he realized what exactly he was doing.

"Why don't you just shut up, stand aside, and stop being such a nuisance, you pathetic excuse of a man!"

The shadow suddenly lashed out, shoving Alastor to the ground and disappearing out of the room. This time, it did make a noise, a quiet mix between a graveling whine and a hiccup...it was crying. The sound was what made Alastor stay on the ground, where he turned on his side, and curled in on himself. He wanted to disappear.

———

KeeKee was licking itself clean in a closet it was currently hiding in. It was giving Vaggie a while to calm down before trying to be around her again, since the feline wished to keep all of its body parts where they were. KeeKee stretched out once clean, ready to settle down for a cat nap in the cozy darkness, when it heard a strange noise pass by the door. The cat nudged the cracked door open and stuck its head out just in time to see a familiar wisp disappear around the corner.

The Key quickly gave chase, following its friend up to the roof, careful not to let the shadow know do it's presence. Once on the roof, KeeKee looked around, wondering where is dark companion was hiding. Then came that sound, so mournful and sad. The cat followed the sound to a dark corner of the roof, where the shadow had curled up to sob out its woes.

The Key sat on its haunches just a bit in front of the shadow and meowed, only to receive no response, which was a first. KeeKee then went over and nuzzled the shadow with it's nose, managing to get it to look passed it's arms and at the little cat. KeeKee meowed again, the feline somehow sounding almost human with its concern, and the shadow sniffled and raised its arm, which the Key eagerly curled up under.

The shadow cuddled the cat close to its chest, managing a small smile at the tongue that tickled its face, right where a bit of left over pastry had been. The cat nuzzled into the shadow's chest, glad to bring it's friend some comfort, and glad,it was no longer crying. Both stayed on the ground, cuddled up and cozy, before drifting into a blissful sleep.