Part 31.

Storming into the house, my mum looks at me.

"How Mia?" She smiles, but I ignore her and run upstairs, slamming the door behind me, I let out a scream and slide down the door, sobbing.

________________________________

Miguel's pov
Slowly, I walk into y/n's humble home. I flinch as I hear a loud slam from upstairs and I politely close the front door behind me. My head turns to her mother. She was confused. I slowly shake my head.

"Let's just say you were right about Mia..." I sigh my words and her mother covers her mouth. I pierce my lips and slowly nod my head, walking upstairs and leaving her mother in silence. Poor y/n. I can't imagine what's going through her mind. Those two had been friends for ages and looked like they had an excellent bond. And I ruined it all. This is my fault.

________________________________

Y/n's pov
A gentle knock comes from the door behind me. I sniff as I speak.
"Who is it?..."
"It's your boyfriend..." Miguel speaks in a husky voice from behind the door.
"Please let me in querida... I'm not leaving you..." He speaks.

My legs slowly rise, and I place my hand on the silver cold handle. My hand slowly turns and the door creaks open. My eyes continue to look at the floor and his arms stretch out for a hug. I can't help but burst out crying and falling into a hug with him.

"Shh..." He whispers, stroking my hair as he slowly moves into the room, keeping his arms around me, and he closes the door behind us. He guides me to my egg chair in the corner of my room. He sits on it and I sit beside him, lifting my legs beside me. His arms wrap around me and I place my head on his chest. I continue to cry into his chest.

"I... I don't get it... we've been friends for so long... how could she..." My words stutter as I cry into his chest. A sudden feeling of worry comes over me that my tears are gonna make his jumper wet, so I put my head just under his shoulder, and he places his head on mine.

"It's okay... you have other friends... she was obviously just not the one... it's my fault anyways amor... you don't need to worry about that girl... she was stupid anyways... I'd never leave you..." He kisses my head. After a bit of pep talk I slowly begin to drift off, falling asleep with my head on his chest.

________________________________

John's pov
My hand turns and I open y/n's bedroom door, she still had my jumper and I wanted it back. My eyes fall on y/n and... Miguel.

They sit in the egg chair in the corner of her room. They're knocked out, fast asleep. There are tear drops on Miguel's jumper, his hand was in her hair, the other wrapped around her. His head was rested on hers.

She'd obviously been crying. He seems to be really good at comforting her... normally I'm never able to calm her down when she's like that... they actually look good with each other... he's good for her... she loves him and I shouldn't have tried to take that from her.

I back up and close her bedroom door, walking to my bedroom, a wide smirk on my face, sitting down and playing games with the boys.

________________________________

Miguel's pov
My eyes open and y/n is still fast asleep on my chest. I need to go explain to her mum. It's getting late now, y/n needs to wake up soon or else she won't sleep throughout the night.

Slowly, I get up, putting a blanket over y/n and out into the hallway.

"Hey, Miguel?" A deep, familiar voice comes from the room beside me. My head turns and I look at John in his room. He's sat on a gaming chair, legs crossed and remote in his hand. His voice was more calm towards me.

"Wanna play?" He lifts the remote, signalling towards me. Why's he being so nice to me all of a sudden?...

"Uh, yeah sure..." I slowly make my way into his room, sitting on his bed beside his chair and he passes me a remote. We decide on a game and we start playing with each other.

"Thanks for being there for my sister..." He says, I turn my head to him.

________________________________

Y/n's pov
I awaken to realise Miguel is gone. But I had a blanket over me now. How adorable is he. He's probably downstairs so I decide to go down anyways, I'm starving.

My feet lower to the floor and I walk down the hall. I begin to walk past my brothers room to hear Miguel and John laughing?! I take a quick step back so they don't spot me from the doorway, and I put my ear to the wall.

"Thanks for being there for my sister..." I hear John say.
"Oh really it's no proble-..." Miguel gets cut off my John.
"No. Really, I could never calm her down like that and you can really see how much she loves you. I shouldn't have been that harsh when we first met and I'm sorry. She had her heart broken a bit more than a year ago now and it made her miserable. She never came out of her room afterwards until she got word she'd be in the movie. Then she just left. And seeing her smiling at the door was just different to see her smiling for once... and my overprotective intrusive thoughts came over me and I just lashed out I guess... I'm sorry Miguel, your so good for her..."
Wow. My brother, said that? To Miguel?!

"Really, John, it's okay. I'll always be there for her and I'm never going to take her away from you... she's amazing to everyone and I'm glad I'm able to do that for you... she's the best girl I've ever met and your a good man... I get overprotective over my sister too, it's normal..." Miguel says. He's so sweet, gosh I love this boy so much... .

"Friends?"
"Of course." Miguel says, they high five and continue playing video games. I smile to myself and continue down the hall, walking downstairs to my mother.