xl.

They stood outside the gates of Alexandria waiting for let to open the gates and let them in. Hunter didn't know what to expect, it could be exactly like Terminus. It looks nice and safe but they could be cannibals, or they could be nothing behind the walls. Hunter put a lot of trust in Aaron because he wanted a nice shower. But if this was all a lie and there was nothing beyond the gates he was going to start a war.

The group lifted their guns to a trash can that was knocked over. A force of habit over any unusual sound that they heard. Daryl shot his arrow into the possum just as the gates opened. They were greeted by Aaron and a man they didn't know.

"We brought dinner."

"It's okay," Aaron tells the other man at the gate, "Come on in, guys."

Hunter was the first to walk through the gates and he was in awe. It looked like the dead never started walking on this side of the gate. It looked safe, it looked like a place Hunter could call home.

Hunter watched as they shut the gates behind them. The gates looked secure. He wondered if they had any threats come their way.

"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons," Nicholas tells them, "Stay, you hand them over."

"We don't know if we want to stay," Rick says.

"It's fine Nicholas," Aaron spoke up.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already," Rick stated.

"Let them talk to Deanna first."

"Who the hell is Deanna?" Hunter asks, Aaron never told them anything about Deanna.

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place," Aaron answers, "Rick, why don't you start?"

Rick turns his head to his group, he looked between all of them before his eyes land on the walker outside of the gate, "Sasha."

Sasha turns around. She aims her gun at the walker and pulled the trigger. The walker collapsed dead onto the ground. And they closed the other gate behind the bars closing their view to the outside.

"It's a good thing we're here."

______

"They're still your guns. You can check them out whenever you go beyond the wall," Deanna announces from the top of the stairs, "But inside here, we store them for safety."

Hunter didn't want to part with his gun. He didn't want anyone else taking it, he didn't mind if it was someone from his group but he didn't know anyone else in this community. He didn't know if they should trust them completely.

He pulled out his pistol and dropped it into the pile. He then took out his other handgun and added it to the pile before taking his assault rifle off his back and placing it down. With their entire group, they had a lot of guns. Almost all didn't fit on the little cart they brought out.

"Should have brought another bin."

Hunter, Rick and Carl were being shown the houses that they were being given. Aaron was showing them around the town. Aaron showed them two houses and Hunter was trying to comprehend that both big houses were theirs.

Hunter stood there with Rick beside him and Carl in front. Hunter, had his arms wrapped around his nephew as they all stared at the houses, "Both of them?" Hunter asks.

"At your disposal," Aaron confirms with a smile before nodding to the nicer-looking house, "I'd call dibs on that one. It's got more curb appeal. Listen, I know you're still feeling us out, but I'm glad you came. Anyway, Deanna's asked everyone to give you your space so they aren't all coming at you at once. Take your time. Explore. You need anything, you call me. I don't–we don't have phones. I–I meant I'm four houses down."