lxxxiv.

Since they all got back to Alexandria, it's been a constant fight. This Alpha bitch was sending parts of her herd to their gates. He could deal with walkers but it was getting tiring. Having to go out there and kill a group of walkers then go to the next gate and kill more. It was the second wave and he was already covered in blood.

"Lydia!" Hunter shouts as he spots another group of walkers. Lydia quickly came to his side, "You're my eyes. Are any of them skins?"

Lydia studied the walkers carefully, since she's been in Alexandria, Hunter's family were the only ones who treated her with respect, "No. They're just regular walkers."

Hunter exhales before pulling out his knives. Hunter runs through the gates toward the walkers. It was probably a group of ten from what he can see. And he could handle ten. But what happens when Alpha sends more? He stabbed every walker in the head, he looked around at the bodies on the ground making sure each was dead before he walked back to the gates.

But they just kept coming, hour after hour more walkers came through the woods. Every available fighter was called to help as the groups of walkers became larger. Every time he walked through the gates Eugene would tell him more were coming.

"They keep coming from the direction of the border," Aaron informs them as they regrouped, "It's just a constant wave after wave."

"This is her," Carol spoke up.

"You know your training. Lock it down," Michonne instructs and so they went back to fighting.

They went out in groups to stop parts of the herd from reaching Alexandria. Hunter wasn't scared of the Alpha. He was just annoyed by her tactics. Sending herds their way was the only thing she could do. If it was one on one, like how it was with Negan, she'd lose.

They'd had to fight in the night and by then there were walkers at their gate. They've been fighting these constant attacks for a day now. And they were all starting to get exhausted. None of them have slept yet. They were on alert. When they thought it was over and they killed all the walkers when they thought they could sleep. They were quickly called back to their posts.

But this time, they were walkers on their way from each direction. And it wasn't small groups of walkers. They were herds coming from everywhere. He's dealt with herds before. When they first got to Alexandria. He and Rick went out after Carl was shot and they killed them. But Rick wasn't here anymore and Hunter had to do this on his own.

"How long till the next wave hits?" Michonne asks as they all started clearing the walker bodies from the inside of their walls.

"One hour from the north, two from the south," Eugene responds as he stood on the tower watching over everything, "Northern wave's thicker than fleas on a farm dog, but the southern's more dispersed. By my estimation, we'll be fighting into the night again."

"Yeah, can't push them too much further," Daryl comments.

"I have eyes," Michonne snaps at him.

Hunter exhales and rests his hands on his hips, "Look, we're all tired. We're all dealing with this shit. But we can't start turning on each other. Not yet at least. We have more coming."

"I'm sorry," Michonne apologizes to Daryl. But Daryl wasn't focused on them.

"Hey, heads up," Daryl points to a skin walking over. Hunter rolls his eyes, what in the world does this woman want?

"The north border. Now."

Hunter scoffs at the demand, "Excuse me. Does it look like we have time? Call off your walkers."