Rumours

Scarlett knew how things since the quidditch World Cup had been tense, she knew her father was acting off and she knew it was all down to the dark mark appearing and Scarlett was worried, she was worried over all that was going on and she was worried over what a mess things were hard and she was worried

Scarlett wasn't stupid. She had overheard conversation with her father and the weasleys before they had returned to hogwarts and she was worried. Scarlett sat at the gryffindor table in the great hall.

She listened to dumbledore as he went on over the triwizard tournament which was coming up and rolled her eyes. She knew that was the last thing that needed to happen right on.

"What do you say Scarlett are you going to enter" Fred asked as Scarlett looked to the twins and rolled her eyes

"The last thing I need is the stress of that" Scarlett said.

Scarlett knew how she just wanted to have one normal year at hogwarts but that never seemed to be the case. She knew that this tournament wasn't going to make this year easy

"Are you still worried over the dark mark" Hermione asked as Scarlett looked to her and nodded

"I heard my father talking, they think it's his followers starting up again. I know that you don't believe me but I feel it in my bones, there's something not quite right over it all" Scarlett said as she looked over to the slytherin table.

She and Draco held eye contact for a moment as he smiled to her

"Maybe you should ask malfoy, your all friendly with him" Ron said as Scarlett glared

"Don't push me weasley, I will dunk your head in a toilet. I know Draco and he has nothing to do with this" Scarlett spat. She knew Draco, he was her friend and she knew that he didn't do this and she was annoyed at people suggesting it

•••
Scarlett smiled as she saw Draco walking into the library. He sat down with her. "So I hear Weasley is blaming me for the dark mark."

"Ignore him. He just doesn't like it that he's not centre of attention. I honestly don't know why I put up with him. He's nothing but grey hair," Scarlett mumbled.

Draco looked to her. He smiled. "You know I would never do anything to you. You mean a lot to me. I'm not involved in that."

"You don't have to explain to me. I'm not judging you. You mean a lot to me too."

Draco stood up and walked off. Scarlett knew how close she was to Draco. She knew not many people liked it. But she didn't care. They were friends. And she wasn't going to lose him.

•••
Scarlett walked along the corridor. She saw groaned as Hermione walked towards her. "Harry is writing to Sirius. To tell him about the World Cup. So I think you should write to your father."

"My father has enough to deal with. So can we leave him out of this? Thank you."

Hermione nodded. "I know. I just don't think you need to be too close to Malfoy. His father was there. We both know he was."

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Just because Lucius Malfoy was there, doesn't mean Draco or his father had anything to do with it."

"If you say so."

Scarlett walked off. She knew how most people were against her friendship with Draco. But she wasn't going to stop being his friend.

She just had no idea how she was going to find it all changing with Draco this year. And it wasn't all going to be good.