Chapter 3: Panic Room

*Time Skip to the Next Morning*

The twinkling chimes of Dinah's alarm woke the trio at 8 am to the morning sun beaming through the sheer curtains. Dinah rolled over and muted her alarm as Violet sat up, rubbing her eyes, and Lauren stretched, letting out a yawn. Violet opened her eyes and looked up at the young couple. 

She pointed out the window with a smile, "Sunshine!" Dinah and Lauren giggled. 

"Yeah, baby. It's sunny outside," Lauren said groggily as she smiled. 

"Why don't we go to the zoo today? It's lovely out and I'm sure Violet would love to see all of the different animals. I heard they just remodeled their aquarium too!" Dinah suggested. 

"Ooo, the zoo! What do you think about that, Vi?" Lauren asked the now curious child. 

Violet bounced on the bed and nodded her head, "Yes, yes!" she shouted. 

"Okay, okay. Let's get ready and have breakfast. Then, we can go. Okay?" Violet nodded excitedly and ran over to her suitcase to pick out an outfit. 

Violet carried her outfit over to Dinah and Lauren

"Help?" she requested sweetly. 

"Of course, doll," Lauren responded, changing Violet's diaper before helping the small girl into the outfit, helping her with her socks, and then slipping her white keds onto her feet. Violet began jumping on the bed. Dinah and Lauren laughed at the excited girl. 

"Come on, silly bean. Let's go brush your teeth and do your hair," Dinah told Violet. Violet jumped into Dinah's arms, laughing as the honey-blonde woman caught her. Dinah held her firmly as she carried her to the bathroom. 

"I'm gonna go get ready, babe!" Lauren called from the bedroom. 

"Sounds good," Dinah called back as she put toothpaste on her's and Violet's toothbrushes. She handed her daughter her toothbrush and the pair brushed their teeth alongside one another. Diah made quick work of washing her face and putting on some deodorant as Violet stood by and watched her curiously. It was now time to do their hair. 

Dinah sprayed Violet's long, soft-blonde colored hair with some detangler before brushing it out with her wet brush and pulling it into a high ponytail to keep it off of her neck and back because it was supposed to be pretty hot out today. She clipped a small white bow in Violet's hair before starting on her own. She sprayed it with some curl refresher before detangling her hair and using a diffuser on her hair dryer and calling it a day. 

"Vi, honey, come with me while I get dressed, okay?" Dinah asked as she outstretched her hand towards Violet. Violet nodded and took Dinah's hand, following her to her walk-in closet. 

*Time skip to when the trio arrives at the zoo*

Violet was jumping up and down holding onto Dinah and Lauren's hands as they entered the gates of the zoo. Lauren did a thankful sigh that it didn't seem to be crowded at all... that way there wouldn't be a huge line for any of the attractions like the train ride or the aquarium.