Chapter 1: Violet

Chapter 1: Violet

"Yes ma'am... mhm... of course... Alright, see you at 6... Bye Bye," Lauren said respectfully as she hung up the phone. 

The joyous brunette bounced excitedly as she turned around towards her wife, Dinah, who spun her in her arms around the kitchen. Dinah giggled, "Are you excited?" 

Lauren nodded into her blouse, "Very! I can't believe it's really happening. We're adopting a little girl," Lauren stated as if she was trying to convince herself this was reality. 

Dinah laughed playfully at her antics, "We're adopting a little girl," she smiled. "Okay, okay. Babe, let's go! Let's go! We're gonna be late," Lauren rushed her taller counterpart out the door as they grabbed their bags for the drive. 

Dinah tossed the bags into the trunk and made sure the car seat was secure before joining Lauren upfront.

Lauren sighed impatiently, nearly jumping out of her seat

Lauren sighed impatiently, nearly jumping out of her seat. Dinah turned on her spotify mix as Lauren started the drive to the adoption center they had visited many times before.

*Time skip 6:30pm*

"She's asleep right now and it may be best to try and not wake her. Her stuff is packed, aside from her security blanket, and by her door. Feel free to leave as you please. It truly was a pleasure working with you and I could not have hoped for a better family for Violet. She needs a loving couple like you to help her and love her," Miss Johnson said with a friendly smile. 

"Thank you so much." 

"Yes, thank you," The couple responded kindly, exchanging a last, firm handshake with the young woman before heading up to Violet's room. Dinah and Lauren cooed in harmony when they saw Violet asleep, holding her blanket close to her.

With caution not to wake the small girl, Lauren picked her up, carrying her close to her while Dinah carried Violet's bags

"Got it, babe?" Lauren questioned. 

Dinah nodded in affirmation, "Yup, are you ready?" 

"Very," Lauren smiled as they walked out of the center and to the car.