3

"Bbbrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Bbbrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Bbbrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Bbbrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh!" The alarm rings out loud as Shade suddenly jumps up from the bed and sits up. She looks around for a while and sits back to the wall at the head rest. She looks up at the wall clock and her eyes widen as she immediately jumps off the bed. The clock read 6:52 and school resumes by 7:30. She runs off to the bathroom still surprised that she slept for so long.
"Was i that tired yesterday? I didn't even eat before going to sleep. That will have to wait till whenever I guess." She concludes and steps into the sink bath tub.

She leaves the house few minutes later clutching her blue colored school bag and heading towards the bus stop before she suddenly remembers. "Oh God! Bus will have moved before seven." She gives a hiss and trudges along the path leading to school before she breaks into a Sprint and gradually takes a full pace. She runs into the school compound and is immediately sighted by Mrs Ajobiewe, the Yoruba who calls her and motions for her to move closer.
  "Good morning ma." She genuflects as she stands in front of her.
"Why are you just coming to school?"
"Nothing ma."
  "Ehn ehn. So you just decided to come late to school today, right?"
"No ma. I woke up late."
"Why won't you wake up late when you people will spend ages pressing phone at night. You will be chatting with boys that do not have futures when you're supposed to be sleeping so you can get your school early the next morning." The stern woman says as she eyes Shade annoyingly.
"No ma. What happened was that ...." Shade tries to protest but is immediately shut up.
"Ehn? What are you trying to do? We have turned to mates abi that you have try to said that I am lying. Is that it?" Shade tries to cover her teeth as she notes the grammatical mistakes in Mrs Ajobiewe's sentence.
"Give me your hand joor." Two strokes of the cane hit her palm after the other as she winces in pain.
  "Thank you ma." She says and runs off to class. "It's only my school teachers that will force students to say thanks after flogging them."

The bell signalling the break goes and the mathematics teacher leaves the class. Shouts of "Ope oo!" "Break time!" "Thank God!" and many more rent the air as the students leave the class while some leave their seats to talk to others. Keziah goes to Shade's seat and jumps on the desk.
"Human being. How are you?" She greets.
"Pele oo. Animal!"
"You and who?"
"It is a joke."
  "I don't like it."
"Noted madam Keziah."
"Why did you come late?"
    "I slept late actually. Mrs Ajobiewe delayed me too sha."
"Why did you sleep late?"
"I had to wash clothes and plates."
"Really? I thought you didn't come to church on Sunday because you had to wash clothes."
"Well aunty Abeni's friends came over and they took pictures so she changed her clothes." Shade explains.
"That's wickedness."
"It's not." Shade defends immediately.
    "Well, it is. She could have assisted you sha." As Keziah completes her words, Shade's tummy gives a loud rumble and Keziah gives her a concerned look.
    "You didn't eat too?"
"It was too late to cook."
Keziah doesn't reply as she goes over to her desk and returns with a lunch pack. She drops it on the desk. "Eat that. Big sis forced me to pack extra today."
  "Awwwn! My regards to her."
"I have heard oo. Besides, this one you said you slept late, have you done your Biology assignment?"
  "Gbese! I didn't do it ooo. Ah! What will I do now?" A worried Shade stops eating and faces her best friend.
"Shebi it's diagram? Bring your practical note." Keziah offers to help and Shade immediately gives her the required book.
  "Thanks a bunch dear. You're sincerely appreciated. You're the best."
"You don't have to tell me okay? I know I am." Keziah gives a sarcastic reply as she goes over to her seat immediately a runway walk.
  "Issh. Who is deceiving you? Better don't break."
   "Na you sabi!" Keziah retorts settling down.

I yaff come oo. I really am sorry for the long wait. It's not really my fault and I didn't mean to keep you waiting. Some things just happened actually.
   Who has a teacher like Mrs Ajobiewe? All those teachers that never want to carry last 😂😂😂😂. That friend like Keziah nko? That friend that will just show up to the rescue like Captain America or should I use Iron Man?? You can mention them if they're on Wattpad and if there're not tell us about them.
   Do have a lovely day fams ❤️. This is Christmas week ooo, since Christmas is on Sunday. You people should not forget me when buying things abeg😁😁.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™