Season 1 Chapter 7:Yuuka Is Held Captive, Saitama vs Daimonji 2

I don't own One Punch Man, Kenichi, the Mightiest Disciple or either of their characters.
_________________________________________

The weekend has ended. It was Monday, 11:30a.m. at Kouryu Highschool.

Saitama was at the Gardening Club, kneeling on the ground and watering the plants with his usual stoic look on his face.

Saitama:There. All done.

He heard footsteps and turned around to see Yuuka standing next to him.

Yuuka:Saitama-kun.

Saitama:Izumi-sempai. Hello.

She looks at him carefully before smiling and giggling. He raised an eyebrow.

Saitama:Hm? What's funny?

Yuuka:Oh nothing. It's just, even though your facial expression stays the same, you seem to like gardening, don't you?

He thought that over. Did he? Did he like gardening? He wasn't sure. His emotions weren't all that clear after all the training he did and all the power he gained. He wasn't against it at but, did he?

Saitama:I guess so. Yeah. Like I said before, this is the only place that I can get any peace and quiet. And because you are here.

Yuuka:O-Oh. Right.

She blushed. She remembered him saying this to him the first time a while back.

Yuuka:S-So which plant are you watering this time.

Saitama:This.

Yuuka:Oh! The orchid

Yuuka:Oh! The orchid. Your first plant on your first day here. And it grew a little more.

Saitama:Yeah. I always tend to it whenever I get the chance. Though the process is slow, it's slowly getting there.

Yuuka:It is. Though if you don't mind me asking, why did you want to take care of orchid?

Saitama:...

He went silent for a few seconds making Yuuka stare at him confused.

Yuuka:Saitama?

The boy blinked and turned to face Yuuka.

Saitama:Yeah?

Yuuka:You kind of spaced out for a bit. Are you okay?

Saitama:Yeah. Sorry for spacing out. As to answer your question, this is kind of a type of...redemption.

Yuuka:Redemption? For what?

Saitama:For failing to take of a plant I had at home.

His mind went back to a certain plant he had at his old home in his old world way before he met Genos and when that monster destroyed everything.