Chapter Two: Your Song

Eros was carried off of the dance floor and brought backstage, he was carried by one of his cast mates who managed to catch him just before he could hit the floor. He passed out despite the loud music and cheering. The rest of the team rushed around backstage to make sure that he was alright. His castmate placed him down gently onto the small bed in his dressing room and adjusted his head so he wouldn't be uncomfortable when he woke up. Some of the other castmates gathered around, but the woman who helped Eros get ready pushed through and told them to get out of the way. Her name was Marie and she, alongside Zidler, took care of Eros. Marie then opened up this little vile filled with some smelling salts. She held it close to Ero's nose which caused him to stir awake. He took a breath in before coughing. He woke up and looked around. He was confused and had broken a light sweat. He then noticed Marie kneeling down by his bed before seeming to relax "oh Marie..." he sighed and she smiled faintly "just another one of those fainting spells" she said before the doctor barged his way into the room.

The doctor shouted at the other girls in the room to quit standing around, they then just quickly left the room. Marie spoke with the doctor as Eros tried to center himself again. The room felt like it was still spinning and he had a headache. "So is everything ok?" the doctor asked and Marie nodded "nothing you should be concerned about anyways" she replied. Eros then started to cough again and Marie frowned before holding a little handkerchief up to his mouth for him. "Well then let's get back to work then" the doctor said before leaving the dressing room. Eros let out a little sigh before closing his eyes from his pounding headache. Marie looked back down at him. She was about to put the cloth back in her pocket but then she noticed spots of blood on the off white silk cloth. She furrowed her brows and looked back at Eros as he rested. She then threw the cloth out in a little silver pan without a word.

Once Marie got Eros some water and medicine he felt better. Marie helped him get changed into a silk red dress shirt with short flowy sleeves. He just touched up his makeup as Marie tightened the waist corset he was going to wear around his small frame. "You know, if this twinkle-toes duke takes the bait, people will be lining up the streets of London just to see you" Marie said with a little grunt. Eros let out a breathy laugh when she called him that. "Oh do you really think I can be a great actor Marie?" he asked and looked at her through the mirror. "Sure, you got the talent so I don't see why not" she said as he finished tying the corset.

Soon enough Harold barged into his room causing Eros to jump. "Harold!" Eros looked over his shoulder and held onto the vanity. "Chickpea is everything alright?!" he asked, very clearly worried. "Oh yes, everything's fine" Eros chuckled before turning around to show him his outfit. "How do I look?" he asked with a tiny smirk. Harold then gasped before smiling "amazing! How could the Duke possibly resist you!" he grinned as he went over to Eros. Eros then grinned as well before giggling.

The evening went on and Eros had supper with Harold before heading to the tower where he asked the duke to wait for him. He had changed out of his previous outfit into a red wine coloured set of lingerie, he covered up with a silk robe with cherry blossom patterns on it. He also was still wearing a pair of dangling diamond earrings from his show. He was now outside of the door to his room. He tried to mentally prepare himself. He was so close to having everything he could have ever dreamed of. All he needed to do was make the duke believe that he loved him. It wasn't too hard really. He was a great actor and he deserved to be recognized for so. He let out a little huff before opening the door.

Viktor stood awkwardly by the little balcony in Eros' room. He had to say, the room was oddly decorated but found it charming in a way. There were Japanese inspired decorations, mainly a lot of red, but it was nice. He was holding his hat with both hands, needing something to fidget with. He wondered where Eros was but he guessed that maybe he needed a moment to feel better after he fainted. Viktor then started to worry over him again. He really hoped that he was alright. But a part of Viktor felt that maybe he shouldn't be here. There was no way that Eros could've even known who he was. Unless Phichit talked to him before the show but he was with them the whole time. Viktor felt a little nervous now but he stayed where he stood. Either way he was going to have to convince Eros to let him write the play, he couldn't let the group down.