Chapter Four: Dinner and Lines

The first week of rehearsals had passed. So far everything was going by cleanly. Viktor had finished writing the first couple scenes, everything edited and printed out in multiple scripts so each member could have their own copy. Yuuri had continued to hang out with Viktor during then. The two had grown a little closer. Sure Yuuri wasn't fully ready to open up to Viktor but this had been the most he spoke and laughed with someone in a while. It was nice having someone to lean on.

Everyone had just finished reading over the first scene with the stage directions. Viktor had taken a break from writing to watch Yuuri perform. He loved watching him, hearing his voice speak the words he wrote made his heart flutter. Now they were working on the second scene where they really introduce the Orian. They were just reading the lines, not really following the stage directions too much. Viktor just watched in an awe.

The cast rehearsed for about 3 hours before everyone went to do their own things, like working on pulling together costumes, writing the music, things like that. Since Yuuri was the only one who really knew about japanese culture and its history he was put to help designing the costumes. To make them accurate but still able to move around in them. So he was working on the stage, papers, pens and books around him. Viktor on the other hand was sitting at his desk writing the play. He was in his own little bubble typing away on his typewriter. Yuuri would end up getting distracted by just sitting there watching him. He picked up on his strange writing pattern. Viktor would type for a bit, check the notes that he had written down by pen before going back to typing on his typewriter. He would keep going in that cycle until someone broke it, either from a loud noise in the theatre or if someone came up to him to talk with him. That's how he would get distracted and he would easily lose his train of thought. So Yuuri decided to work away from him to let him do his work, since he knew that he wouldn't even need to say something and Viktor would find a way to get distracted over him. It was definitely strange how Viktor could be so fixated on his work for a moment then be in a completely different mindset the next.

Soon Viktor took a break from writing to go get some more water. While he went to refill his cup he noticed Yuuri sitting on the stage. He stood there for a moment, confused at what he was doing. So he squeezed past some other workers and went over to Yuuri. "Yuuri, what are you working on?" Viktor smiled as he came up to him. Yuuri looked up from the design he was working on and smiled once he saw Viktor. He then looked down at one of the designs Viktor had picked up. "Oh, since no one-" Yuuri started but then Viktor cut him off "You drew these?!" Viktor exclaimed, shocked by his never-ending talent. Some people walking by even gave them weird looks. Yuuri just tried to wave them off. "Yes. I did, but will you please not shout?" Yuuri laughed softly and showed him some other designs. Viktor just chuckled and covered his mouth slightly. "Even though there's already a costume designer here they wanted me to do the designs for the costumes since I have a better idea what they would need to look like" Yuuri explained and looked at Viktor while he looked over the designs. "Wow, these are beautiful" Viktor smiled and held the papers as he looked at them. Yuuri smiled "you think so?" Viktor then nodded and looked back up at Yuuri. "Of course, the colours and designs work so well together," Viktor said genuinely, which caused Yuuri to chuckle softly from being flattered.

"Anyways, I wish I could just sit here forever with you but I need to finish up the scene i'm working on" Viktor explained and Yuuri took back the designs when he passed them to him. "Oh, yes of course" Yuuri nodded. "Um, but I was also wondering if you would like to stop by later? I can make supper then we can go over your lines afterwards, only if you want to" Viktor asked sheepishly, it wasn't the first time he had asked Yuuri to come over but he still got nervous whenever he did ask him. Yuuri smiled "I would love to come over, what time should I stop by?" he asked as he picked up the design he was working on. "Oh, I dunno. Around seven I guess, whenever you want I don't mind" Viktor shrugged. Yuuri then nodded "seven it is".

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓵𝓵 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷... 🎉