seven

I've been ignoring Jaden for two days now. It's officially Friday, and I'm going around the Walton's house after school because I think it's important me and Jayla get this task going again.

I need a boyfriend if I'm having feelings for Jaden. That's just not going to happen. As the final bell rings, indicating school is over, me and Wanna walk out together (as we share the same class) and make our way to Jayla, who's parked outside.

Yes, I know I'll be having to share a car with Jaden, and this time I'm prepared. I'm going to sit in the front, so I can just keep my head straight and not have to worry of having the urge to look his way. "Shotgun." I call before Javon can, knowing that it's the only way to get into the passenger seat.

I hear him groan from behind me and I smirk to myself knowing that means I can sit next to Jayla at the front. Getting in the car, I smile at Jayla before putting my seatbelt on.

When I left in a hurry a couple of days ago—the day I realised I somehow have feelings for Jaden—I just told them that I left in such a rush because I didn't feel well and that I was going to throw up. They believed me and the day after, I just told them it was a false alarm and that I most likely just ate something that was off.

I feel terrible lying to my friends—no, my family—but I can't tell them I have a feelings for Jaden. Even if they are really small feelings, which are only still blooming, I don't think they should know this piece of information. It would be so.....awkward.

I jump when I hear the door slam behind me, "Yo, J. Look at this TikTok edit, it's sick!" Javon laughs as he shows Jaden his phone. Jayla starts the car and the drive to the Walton's house is pretty quiet, very different to the normal bickering that takes up the whole ride.

"Cookie?" I turn to Jayla as she parks the car, "I need to speak to you in private when we get in." I lean into her ear and whisper the last part. She simply just nods her head and we all get out the car. Jaden is the first to walk off, he doesn't even bother looking back as he walks straight through the door and goes upstairs.

Me and Jayla share a look before turning to Wanna, "Don't look at me!" He raises his hands in defence, "He's been like that since movie night. God knows what the fucks up with him." Javon mutters whilst he too walks into the house, but instead turns to go into the living room.

I wince.

Movie night. Is his bad behaviour my fault? I can't even remember what was said, I was more focused on the butterflies erupting in my stomach, too freaked out to even register what was going on. I was also too busy thinking of ways to get Ava back for cheating on him, a punch to the face maybe?

Wait. Fuck. I don't think I even comforted him about that and he came to me and I hardly said anything; I was being selfish and thought about myself instead of how he was feeling. Fuck, he was the one who got cheated on and I'll I could prioritise was myself because I was freaking out.

I'm a horrible person.

Jayla locks the car before we make our way inside, my mind elsewhere, as we greet DJ and Jessica in the living room with Dealo, "Hey, Mumps." I speak as I give Daelo a big hug. "Hey, Leah." Mumps mumbles into my hooide before pulling away.

"Hey, kids." DJ waves before him and Javon are walking into the kitchen, talking about some boxing match that's happening this weekend.

"My favourite girls are home!" Jessica smiles as she pulls us into a hug. Me and Jayla laugh before pulling back, "And Kylee?" We ask in unison. Jessica laughs, "Kylee too, but she isn't here right now, is she?" Jessica pinches our cheeks before following her husband and son.

Jayla and I make our way upstairs before walking into her bedroom and plopping down onto the bed, "What's up buttercup?" Jayla teases whilst she lays her back against the headboard.

I sigh and lay on my back, my eyes never wavering from the ceiling, "I still think I should try for a boyfriend." I grimace as I make it sound like a job. I don't want it to be like that—I was initially wanting a boyfriend because I wanted to know how it felt to be cared for in that way—but now I feel like I'm doing this just so these feelings for Jaden will go away.

"You really want a boyfriend that bad, huh?" Jayla clicks her tongue whilst she scrolls through her phone before playing some music in the background. I nod my head, lips pursed, as she stares at me intensely.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"It's just that you've never been so obsessed with getting a boyfriend until now, what's changed? And don't give me the Stella and Noah bullshit, you know a boyfriend isn't worth all the hassle; you don't need one, Lee."

"I—" The door opens, cutting my sentence, as Jaden walks in with Javon. "Hey, what's going on?" Jay asks as the boys join us on the bed. I move up, so I'm sitting next to Jayla and suddenly deja vu hits me. Hard. I gulp as I feel his eyes burn holes into the side of my face whilst I fiddle with my hands, my lip trapped between my teeth.

I feel very claustrophobic right now; it feels like I'm trapped and I physically can't breath. That's how much his gaze affects me. "Jaden said his friend is throwing a pool party tonight and he wants to invite you guys." My head snaps up at the two boys as my doe eyes widen even more—if that's even possible. That's a little creepy how the timing is perfect, too perfect.

Jaden scoffs, "More like you made me," he grumbles, "I'm not even the one inviting them; it's you. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have uttered a word about the damn party. It's my friends anyways, not yours." I roll my eyes. Old Jaden is back, yay.

"Ouch, J. Thanks." Jayla says sarcastically as she stands up and forces the boys out of her room, "We'll be ready in two hours!" She shouts out the door before slamming it and making her way over to me.

"Well, it looks like your prayers have been answered," she laughs, "It's time to find you a boyfriend miss Leah Beck." I smile ear-to-ear as I nod my head.

The sooner these feelings for Jaden go, the better. "Let's do this."

~*~

A/N
Hi! Sorry I didn't post today, I've been busy :/ but I hope you enjoy this chapter :)