CHAPTER 26

IZUKU SKIRT A WILD WIND

CHAPTER 26

AN: EVERYONE FAVOURITE ORANGE HAIRED MARTIAL ARTIST IS BACK PEOPLE.

HOSU

ABANDONED BUILDING

THIRD PERSON POV

Hiding behind a pillar Kendo was breathing as shallowly as possible, her nose still needed a few more days by Stain estimate before it recovered. Listening closely she heard the very faint almost missed sound of metal scratching against the stone under it. If she was not taught by him to play close attention to such things she would have missed him. Granted she was sure she would have learned this at UA eventually, but the speed at which he taught such tricks for battle was much more accelerated. How the man managed to sneak up on people in those shoes was a mystery to her, if he was wearing regular shoes she had serious doubt that she could have ended up being able to hear him at all. Taking the 'cat stance' as she taught him so as to make it easier for her to react to enemy attacks, she prepared to dodge and counter his next attack.

Stain however reminded her again about how only fools fight fair and square, flicking a pebble to her left to trick her. As she jumped out ready to strike he came from the right side behind her, putting the edge of his katakana to her throat he let out a sigh. "You did better this time, but you were so tense that you mistook the pebble I threw for a footstep." He told her pulling the sword away allowing her to slump back down to the ground as the tension he mentioned left her. Going around her to get a good look at her face he spoke up again, finishing what he was saying before. "It is good to have a little tension in battle to keep you from letting your guard down. But too much like this time will distract you resulting in potentially lethal damage if not worse, permanently debilitating injuries." Stain said reminding her, that for people like them who live to fight for their causes, being trapped in your body for the rest of your life forced to watch and do nothing, that is worse than any death.

Kendo who understood this well enough after he helped her pick up the broken pieces of her will got up shaking her head clear. "I understand sir, please can we try again!" Kendo asked him determined to at least master his almost sonar like hearing skill he seemed to have developed. Stain seeing how determined she was to learn this could not help the smile that spread across his face at her desire to make herself a better hero. With this they ran this training scenario a few more times before calling it quits for a lunch break. Lunch was a bit on the simple side though as they could not go outside of the building until nightfall, which even then they had to be extremely careful. Fortunately the public did not know his face and UA seemed to be taking a subtle approach and not tell the whole world that one of their students is missing. Kendo hated the fact that she was worrying her teachers and most likely her classmates as well by not making contact with them. But she needed to get stronger faster if she wanted to actually protect her friends. That meant that she needed to train under the man before her here, despite his extreme views on society that she was quite surprised he did not try to preach to her unless she brought it up.

"Sir, can I... ask you something?" She asked him referring to him as sir as she felt that he deserved to be addressed more properly like her teachers but could not bring herself to call him sensei either. Stain nodded to her giving his approval to proceed. "Why are you going through all of this effort to train me, I could be wrong but am I not taking the time you could spend hunting fake heroes?" She asked him wondering why he would put his crusade on hold to train her after seeing with her own eyes how passionate he was about it.

"... I assure what we are doing is not a waste of my time." He said putting aside the food cans they ate out of. Seeing she still wanted a more in depth answer he continued. "No matter how many fakes I cull to bring awareness to this world how rotten many of our heroes have become it does not mean proper heroes will take their place. That is why I am teaching you all that I know, so that way I know my knowledge will be used to create at least one true hero even when I eventually get caught stopped by such a hero." Stain said doubting a true hero other than All Might will be able to stop him, it was a true pity for him. As he told her, he truly did hope that through her even if his crusade failed, there would still be one true to born from his life work.