-1- Garage Surprise

Y/n was sitting on the couch, reading a book when she felt her girlfriend sit beside her.

"Hey baby. I've got something for you"
Y/n looks up from her book to see Hailee staring at her with a wide grin.

"What is it?"
She asks with her voice filled with curiosity.

"I can't tell you yet. I called Taylor over so you can hang out. You can't be in the house until it's ready"

"Why can't you just tell me what it is?"
Y/n refutes with a soft smile gracing her lips.

"Because it's a surprise Y/n Swift. Now, go hang out with your sister while I set it up"

"Does Taylor know?"

"Of course she does but do you really think she would tell you? She's amazing at keeping secrets"
Hailee replies just when they hear the doorbell ring.

"She's here. I'm gonna message you when it's ready. I love you"

"I love you too"
Y/n walks out the door after Hailee leaves a soft kiss against her lips.

"Hey, ready to go?"
Taylor greets her sister when she opens the door.

"Yeah. Where are we going?"
Y/n asks, getting in the passenger seat of Taylor's car.

"I thought we'd just drive around for a while"

"That sounds nice. We haven't been able to really talk for a while. It's usually just quick phone calls"
Y/n replies to her sister.

"So how are things going with Hailee? Are you gonna become Y/n Steinfeld anytime soon?"
Taylor asks as she starts the car.

"Things with Hailee are great. She's been working a lot lately though so I haven't seen her much. About that marriage thing though, I would love to marry her but she hasn't mentioned it for a while. We used to talk about it a lot but it been a few months now and she just hasn't brought it up again"
Y/n replies with confusion and hurt in her voice before turning the conversation I back to her sister.

"How are things with Joe?"

"Amazing. He loves it when I wake him up at 2 am to listen to random lyrics I thought of and he's a great cook. He's just so brilliant"

"No guys, that goes there!"
Hailee yells to Griffin and Austin as they hang up the decorations.

"Hailee it doesn't have to be perfect. Have you met Y/n? She's crazy about you. She would say yes if you asked her during sex"
Griffin sighs out as the boys step off of the ladders they were standing on.

"Yeah. You should've seen her when you asked her out. She came home and screamed into her pillow about how happy she was. Taylor had to sing her to sleep because she was too excited"
Austin carries on as he turns his gaze to his sisters girlfriend.

"I know she would say yes any way I did it but it still needs to be perfect. Because it's Y/n. She does so much for me and she makes me so much happier than I thought I could be. So I need to give her the proposal she deserves"
Austin and Griffin look at her with soft smiles before they finish the preparations.

"Hailee just texted me. She said we can go back now"
Y/n tells her sister and Taylor turns the car around to drive back to Y/n's house.
They get out of the car and walk to the garage.

"Hailee? Are you her-"
Y/n is cut off by the sight of her girlfriend knelt on one knee in their garage filled with decorations.

"Y/n, I love you so much. I love you more than anyone and you need to know that so deeply that you never doubt it. You need to know it in your bones. I know I've been working a lot and when I've been at work I was just so happy because I knew I would be coming home to you. The thought of you leaving me terrifies me so much. I wouldn't have anyone to go home to and I don't think I can ever love anyone as much as I love you. So Y/n, will you marry me?"
Y/n's eyes have filled with tears by the time Hailee is finished. She walks towards her and embraces her into her arms and whispers softly in her ear.

"Yes. I would love to marry you"
Hailee's grin widens as she slides the ring onto her fiancés finger and their families start applauding.

"And you quoted Dickinson for me. I love you so much"

"Of course I did. I know it's your favourite"
They smile at each other, thinking about their future together.