-1- Party Gone Right

"What are you doing?! I called dibs! And you said you weren't going to drink until after soccer! You failed, failure!" Nadine yells at her brother, words slurred.

"I'm not drinking, this is orange juice, genius. And I'm not kicking my friends out because of some deal that I didn't even agree too. How drunk is she?" Darian looks at his sisters best friend.

"I have had one drink, now get your friends out of the pool" Krista shakes her head at her friends words and holds up two fingers.

"No-" Darian is interrupted when the sliding door is opened and closed, shortly followed by a girls voice.

"Darian, are you okay? What's taking so long?" A soft voice fills the room causing the three of them to look at her.

"I am not being an idiot. You're being an idiot, you idiot. I called dibs 3 hours ago and you can't just show up here unannounced with a bunch of random people" Nadine slurs out before realising who stands before her. Her eyes drift down to the shorter girls arms, then to her legs before finally wandering back up to her face, stopping again at her wet bikini.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I can leave if you want?" Y/n asks with an apologetic look.

"No, not you. I mean, you can stay but only you. The dicks out there need to leave" Nadine is quick to correct the girl before Darian flicks her head before walking back outside.

"Sorry" Y/n mumbles quietly before walking outside, following her best friend.

"Why don't you just tell her how you feel? You're starting to piss me off with all this 'oh my god, Y/n's so beautiful' and 'oh my god, Y/n's so nice, how is she even friends with an ass like Darian?' It's getting annoying" Krista tells her best friend with an annoyed glare. Nadine glares at her friend before running to the bathroom and chucking up her guts.

Nadine wakes up on the toilet only to see Krista asleep in Darian's bed before she hears a noise coming from downstairs.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" She asks when she sees the girl scrubbing the carpet.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Y/n asks the taller girl as Nadine shakes her head and sits next to her.

"No, why aren't you sleeping?"

"Well, someone let Baxter in and he kinda, uh, you know, peed on the floor and Darian was already sleeping so, I figured I would clean it" Y/n responded as she continues scrubbing. Nadine stands up and starts throwing the beer cans in the bin before walking back over to the girl.

"I'm sorry about the party, Darian didn't tell me about any of it. He just told me to come over so I thought we were just gonna hang out"

"It's okay. It's not your fault" it's only then that Y/n notices how close their faces are and she quickly leans in and presses their lips together in a soft kiss before pulling away just as fast.

"Nadine, I'm so sorry! I swear, I didn't mean to do tha-" she's cut off by Nadine's lips against hers once again.

"I've been waiting for this for so long. You have no idea" Nadine mumbles against the other girls lips.

"I've been waiting just as long. Trust me"

Y/n wakes the next morning to the feeling of someone's arm around her before she remembers the night before a huge smile appearing on her face. She gets out of the bed and puts one of Nadine's shirts on, the shirt coming down to her knees then she leaves the room after pressing a kiss to the sleeping girls cheek.

Nadine wakes ten minutes later and realises the other half of her bed is empty. A frown appears on her face, realising that this was just a one time thing and she pulls her clothes back on. Nadine walks downstairs and her eyes widen in shock.

"You're still here?" Nadine asks with a hopeful tone as she looks at the shorter girl.

"Of course I am. I had to make my girlfriend breakfast didn't I?" Y/n walks over to the girl and wraps her arms around her neck, pressing her lips against hers in a soft and passionate kiss.

"Uh, what's happening?" Darian asks as he and Krista walk into the kitchen.

"Wow Nadine. You finally grew up and asked her out. I can't believe it" Krista smirks at the two as Y/n hides her face in Nadine's shoulder and Nadine glares at the two of them.