Chapter 26

I exit the bathroom merely 10 seconds after Severus. He leaves my dorm immediately. My eyes fall to Remus. He is sitting at the edge of my bed, attempting to decipher the meaning of my face.

"I feel better now. You can go."

"I'm sure you're no longer sick but I think it's safe to say you don't feel any better."

I shrug at his words. "I'll get over it."

He opens his arms to me and I fall into his embrace and he engulfs me in his arms.

"I love him." I whisper into his chest. I'm sitting beside him now, leaning into him with my arms wrapped around his waist.

"I assumed so." He chuckles stroking my back.

"I know you know. I just wanted to actually tell you. I really do love him and it's ruined."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna go to him. I'm gonna tell him the truth that I didn't take his memory–"

"You what?" He stops me.

"–Long story. But I'm going to tell him the truth and then that'll be it. No more bitterness. No more games. There's no point."

The door opens once again and Draco enters the room. The second he sees someone's arms around me, his mind assumes the worst. His hands slap over his eyes and he falls back into the wall.

"Oh God!" He cries out. "Why?! Whyyyyyy?" His sobs become louder.

I stop him before he begins rolling around on the floor. "Draco, open your damn eyes. It's just Lupin and I promise we're fully clothed."

Draco stops immediately and sits up. He looks over the both of us before answering, "Well one of you is." He nods to Lupin. "Can't say the same for you, Slut." he motions to my bare thighs. I lift up my shirt and reveal my shorts.

"Shorts."

"Ahhh. I see. Very hot." He winks.

"Stop." I shake my head.

"So what's happening?" He skips over to the bed and squeezes in between us.

"I'll tell you later... right now I need to take a shower and get ready to go do something."

___

"Severus..." I poke my head through the classroom door. He peers up from the paperwork scattered across his desk.

"Y/n?"

"I just needed to talk to you for a second." I close the door behind me and slowly make my way over to him.

He leans back in his chair, waiting to hear whatever it is I have to say as I rock from foot to foot in front of his desk.

"What is it?"

"I just wanted to apologize."

"Y/n."

"--For everything. I didn't take your memory, Severus." His face seems shocked. "I only pretended to, I swear. The torment was in making you believe we might have had another moment together when that isn't the case. I'm done being bitter. There's no point. I'm just sorry this all happened..."

I stare down at the floor. He says nothing.

"I'm not sorry it happened, y/n—"

"I just wish everything could go back to the way it was before we—" I sigh. "I just miss you. We were good. I loved being able to talk to you everyday and feeling your support within my life."

"Y/n I love you—"

"And with time... hopefully it can go back to the way it was."

"Y/n please don't do—"

"I'm sorry again, Severus... I really am." I turn around and begin walking towards the door.

"If you leave, y/n, I won't forgive you."

My eyes well up with tears as I pause to look back at him. "Don't do that to me, Sev."

"I won't. I can't— I don't know how you can expect so much of me.. to expect me to pretend like nothing happened—"

"You're my best friend, Sev. I love you. So I guess I can respect your choice to hate me after this..."

His face is put back."How! How do you expect me to just get on with my life, Y/n!?" His voice is growing louder now. I shrug.

"You got over Lily... maybe you just need to sleep with someone else."

This is a really short update but I'm gonna keep writing right now so that you guys can have more to read-- I just figured I'd give you something in the mean time to make up for my absence.