2| Distraction

[❌]

[❌]

Type: fluff
Annoying boyfriend

Libraries— a place of refuge. A place where books can be found in abundance, a place where knowledge can be learned  and used as it is needed. Not a place for two  people to have their romance play out.

The sun was beginning to set on this particular day and there were students scattered around the library with laptops open and papers spread across every available surface. The silence that had settled over the place was broken only by the occasional sigh or groan from a student who had yet to finish another assignment.

"That is going nowhere," someone said quietly— a  voice belonging to none other than y/n's boyfriend. His breath smelled like peppermint—his familiar scent intoxicating your nostrils.

"Yeah..." a voice that belonged to y/n replied with a sigh before continuing her own work.

"You know... you could just ask me."

"I don't want to disturb your work,  though." you  responded with a small smile, finally looking up at him after what felt like hours.

"It doesn't bother me, y/n." he said in an almost pleading tone.
"But it bothers me." you shot back, looking down quickly when his eyes fell upon your lips.

"Y/n," he breathed in exasperation, leaning forward until you heard the soft thud of a textbook hitting a table. His hands came to rest against either side of your face, thumbs gently caressing your cheeks as he made eye contact with you once again.
"Are you okay?" he asked softly, pulling away slightly so he could look into your eyes. You nodded silently, not even able to find the words to tell him no.

Your gaze dropped to his lips momentarily before flicking back to his eyes. He leaned closer to you and you closed your eyes, waiting for his lips to meet yours—

"oops! not yet. I still have something to finish and this is a public library."you said sternly, putting your finger between  his lips to keep them sealed shut.

"Oh come on, love," his voice took on a teasing tone as he pulled your finger away from his mouth and instead placed a kiss on the tip of your finger. "Just one little peck."

"Nope." you said firmly before reaching up and pinching his cheek lightly.
he whined playfully but did not resist when you removed your hand and reached for the pile of assignments.

"you're lucky you have that big brains of yours  or else you wouldn't get anything done." you said in mock anger. "And if you're gonna stay here and just distract  me with your distracting kisses and hopelessly inlove antics."

"I think you're forgetting that you started this whole thing, love." he said with an exaggerated pout.

"I don't need reminding about that." you replied rolling your eyes.

"You started it by taking a seat next to me while we waited for the library to open." he pointed out.

"And then you got distracted by how handsome  my face looked under the  fluorescent lights and  spent the entire hour staring at my face." he  continued before placing his hand on his chest dramatically, as though he were wounded by your remark.

"and then when we're finally together— you took my breath away by  kissing me senseless and telling me ' I've been wanting to do that for weeks' ." he paused for effect before adding, "And then you  proceeded to kiss me again and again and again."

"And what exactly is your point, hm?"

"Well,  first of all, I'm not complaining." he  said matter of factly.
"Second of all, if you wanted to  go that far,  maybe you should  take us somewhere private so we can continue our  activities without interruptions." he said suggestively, causing you to blush crimson.

"And third of all-"

"Okay, okay!" you interrupted, "Stop with the  third of alls and let me work. We don't have a lot of time left and I'd hate to waste any more than we already have."

"As you wish." he said playfully before planting a quick kiss on your forehead.
"I swear  to god, you are impossible." you muttered under your breath.
"What was that?"

"Nothing."
you shook your head at him before going back to studying.
it wasn't long before you felt his weight settle onto the chair beside you. You opened your eyes and turned to see him watching you intently. You never mind him and just focused  on your work, hoping that he would leave you alone. Unfortunately, luck was not on your side today.

He moved closer to you, effectively trapping you between his arms and his body. He rested his chin on your shoulder, gazing at your computer screen.

"If you keep doing that, I swear I'll never talk  to you again." you said, trying your hardest not to give into temptation.

"Hmm, I don't think you will, love.  If anything, I believe I'll just hold you hostage." the way he said those words sent chills down your spine. They made your heart skip a beat and made you yearn for him—even if you didn't realize it.

you cleared your throat and looked away  from his piercing blue eyes and returned your attention to your homework. There was no way in hell that you could focus on your assigned work now.

you tried to focus on your assignments, ignoring the butterflies in your stomach and the way his warm breath tickled your neck. he occasionally point out your mistakes  and corrected them. you couldn't help but smile at the way he would lean close to whisper corrections into your ear; making your skin tingle beneath his touch.

"Is that better?" he mumbled into your ear, his hot breath making you shiver.
"Yes, actually." you said with a soft laugh.
he grinned against your neck before moving away from you again, leaving you cold and wondering why your heart had skipped a beat.

"alright, now may I get my reward ?" he whispered before pressing light kisses along your jawline.

"I suppose it won't hurt to allow you some time off to satisfy your  curiosity." you said softly, allowing yourself to fall victim to his tempting voice.his eyes   gleamed with excitement.

"Really?!"

you laughed and gave him a face.

"no."