Eternal Love Chapter 29

Dong Hua's eyes went big. "But...how?"

"She created me out of loneliness when she had been driven out of the realms," Fengjiu stated sadly. She thought to herself, 'I never took the time to understand what my Mother felt. She must have been so sad to be forced away.'

"Yes, I guess that part does make sense," he replied.

"I grew up in the realm she was created it. She never let me leave, but when I was 10,000 years old my mother let me look into the portal that let me see into the other realms," she told him. She looked at him with a blush. "I...my first view was the Nine Heavens. You were Heavenly Emperor."

He looked at her in awe. "You were alive when I was Heavenly Emperor?"

She smiled slightly. "Yes, I was. My Mother then showed me how to use it myself. When she was busy I would check on you and watch how you were. For days I begged Mother to allow me to come to the realms, but she said no."

"That was probably for the best," he informed her. "I don't know the exact time you were watching me, but when I was Heavenly Emperor wars raged in all the realms. It would have been dangerous for you." He thought to himself, 'Many people disliked Goddess Of Fate because she couldn't help everyone. They also didn't understand her powers and that she didn't fully control fate. They ran her out of the realms.'

She nodded, "Yes, but as a child I didn't understand. Over the thousands of years that went by, I watched you."

He thought to himself as she spoke. 'She watched me for thousands of years... Was she afraid at how ruthless I was? Did she see how many beings I killed?'

Fengjiu continued, "When I was 70,000 years old, I had finally had enough of watching you struggle, so I approached my mother as bravely as I could and said "Mother, I know you want to stay here...but I'd like to travel to the other realms and help them...like you used to." Then she told me how unwelcome we would have been, and she said that even thought I didn't have her full powers...that I did have the potential to alter fate."

Dong Hua was starting to understand a little, but he was confused on how this caused her to die. He thought to himself, 'Yes, I knew her birthmark was because she had a past life, but I never thought further about it because many Immortals had past lives. Most Immortals didn't even know the significance, and thought it was a gift from the Heavens.'  He replied out loud, "It is true, at that time you would have been unwelcome. Some Immortals still consider Goddess Of Fate to be a curse. Nonsense."

"I think in a way it is a curse," she stated, and then shook her head. "Anyways, I tried to tell her that Immortals could have changed by now and that everyone was suffering with all the war...I told her we should do something." She sighed, "She said no and a few days later...she said that she had to go to the realms because a creator deity called upon her."

He immediately felt his heart sink. 'No...it couldn't be...'

"When she left I watched through the portal and saw that she was speaking with you." After saying those words, she looked at him.

"You saw..." he asked, feeling breathless.

"Yes, I listened to the whole thing. I started to feel anxious and wondered why I cared so much. Then just when you were scratching your name out. I saw that the name next to yours...it was mine," She explained, she let out a deep and shaky breath.

Dong Hua felt horror take over, and felt his heart breaking. "I...didn't allow myself to look at the name next to mine."

"When I saw...my whole world fell to pieces. I felt as if you threw me away before even giving me a chance to help you," she told him. She looked over at him and saw he was shaking his head. She continued, "As soon as my Mother came back...I begged her to take it back and told her that you were my true mate. She told me that it couldn't be undone, and besides you were getting your peace in return."