Chapter 9

Your p.o.v.

Since the nurse left Sidon and me alone again, my thoughts were spinning about the things she said. Everyone says when you're in love you feel butterflies in your stomach. To be honest I have a weird feeling but are those the butterflies everyone is talking about? My heart is beating heavily and I never felt like this before. The nurse said my vitals are ok so this can mean only one thing: I am in love with Sidon! A huge grin spread on my face and I can't hold back the happy feelings... oh boy I am acting like a teenager.

"Sidon do you hear me? I guess you can't but I need to tell you something important." I took his hand and brought it to my chest. "Do you feel my heart? I just realized, I love you. This heart is beating for you! So please, please wake up soon and come back to me. I need you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm sorry I rejected you. I didn't know back then how I felt about you. But now I know. I love you with all my heart!"

His hand twitched shlightly against my chest. Huh? I looked at him and saw nothing out of ordinary. Did he really heard me or was it just a coincidence? I placed his hand back and kept watching him. When nothing happened after a while I laid back on my bed and fell asleep. "(Y/N)..." I opened my eyes because I thought someone said my name. "(Y/N)..." There it was again! Confused I sat up and looked around but no one was there.

Sidon was still unconscious. Damn, I am going crazy now hearing voices. Suddenly Sidon coughed and opened his eyes a little. My heart sank rapidly and at the same time I jumped off my bed and cupped his head between my hands. Tears started pouring down my face. "Sidon you're awake! How are you feeling?" "Tired. I, need... some.. sleep." With these words he fell asleep again.

Was this a good sign or not? I panicked and yelled for the nurse. She rushed in and asked me what happened. "Sidon was awake for a couple of seconds! But fell asleep again! Oh Hylia this is bad right? After so much rest he still can't stay awake. Oh Hylia, please do something. Please, I beg you give him more medicine or do whatewer he needs."

She put a hand on my shoulder. "Calm down, this is quite normal. He had a bad injury and it needs time to heal. It's a good thing he is showing signs of waking up. It will stay like that for a while but every time he wakes up he will be able to stay awake a little longer. Come, lay down. The only thing we can do right now is to pray to Hylia for his quick recovery." This calmed me down but I wasn't able to sleep the rest of the night.

Early in the morning I went to Dorephan to tell him what happened. He was so relieved Sidon's condition was increasing. From this day on he imposed a ban on visits. Even if Sidon was waking up, now was the time for him to rest properly. I was still allowed to stay by his side and as the nurse predicted, he was awake every day a little longer.

One day Dorephan came to visit Sidon and I left them alone again. Sidon noticed how bad I looked and asked his father about my condition when he was alone with him. As I just left and was still in earsight I overheard the conversation. "My son, (Y/N) stayed every day at your side, hoping for you to wake up. She only had a rest when it was my turn to watch you. Also she slept every night on the camping bed so you won't be alone. I don't know but I guess she wasn't able to eat and sleep properly. Not because she had no time for it but because she feared you won't make it."

"What, she was with me all the time? The fight with the Lynel was over a month ago. I can't believe it. I'm so grateful for that but she looks terrible and I am worried. She looks so fragile and pale. There must be something for me to help her." Sidon said. "The best thing you can do for her is to heal properly. She's a strong one and soon she will be herself again". Dorephan assured.

My heart was aching. 'After all this time Sidon is still caringfor me. But I am sure it's only in a friendly way. I dumped him and he lost hisfeelings for me. It was a mistake to let him go, I am so dumb'. I went to myroom and laid down. Unintentionally and after a long time, I slept the wholenight in a comfortable bed.