Side Story 1: A Monster Christmas Special

Clawdeen's POV:
It was a few weeks before Christmas and I wanted to get Conner something to make this a great new start for him. He's been through a lot already. "Clawdeen, how are you doing?" Lagoona asked as she walked over to me. 

"Hey Lagoona. I'm doing alright. Just trying to get a gift for Conner. He's been through a lot. I want to get him something nice." I said. "Well that's thoughtful of you. Any idea what he might like?" Lagoona asked me.

"Well he's always working on his car when he has the time. I could get him some tools so he can work on his car more." I said. "Well, that sounds nice. But why not something more meaningful? I saw how you looked at him when you introduced us to him." Lagoona said.

"Really? Oh." I said as my ears flattened at the thought of my friends learning that I liked Conner. But if they learned that he's half normie, I don't know what would happen. "Look, if you're worried about the others finding out you like him, don't worry. My lips are sealed, mate." Lagoona said. I smiled a little and nodded my head. "Thanks, Lagoona." I said as we talked more about what I should get Conner for Christmas.

"Why not just make him something? You're an amazing fashion designer. I'm sure he'll like it more that way." Lagoona said. I thought for a moment and smiled. "Lagoona you're a genius. I better get some supplies. Thanks ghoul-friend." I said before heading to the crafting store to get a few things.

|With Conner and Clawd|

Conner's POV:
Clawd and I were walking around town and everything was like the human town, except it's a monster version. "So I've seen how you look at my sister." Clawd said. I stopped and felt my body steam a little bit. "Um, I don't... *sighs* is it that obvious?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

"Not to her. Clawdeen has never been on a date before if you can believe it." Clawd said. "Really? Never?" I asked. "Yeah. I think it's because she's scared." Clawd said.

"She isn't the only one. I want to tell her how I feel, but what's the point. I'm half-celestial. Which pretty much makes me immortal. That and Zarthos and Venom also keep me alive." I said looking down as I sat down on a bench. "It's useless." I said. Clawd sat down next to me and smacked my head. "OW! Dude!" I shouted as my eyes glowed orange and Venom's black veins appeared on my skin.

"Whoa! Easy dude. But seriously you needed a wakeup call. Or in this case a smack to the head." Clawd said. I narrowed my eyes at him before taking a deep breath. "Sorry. I have a bit of a temper since I've been the Rider and when I bonded with Venom." I said. "It's cool. But seriously. You got to tell Clawdeen how you feel dude." Clawd said.

"Easier said than done. What if she doesn't feel the same way as me?" I asked. "Dude, I've seen how depressed she's been on the day you left every year. Sometimes she would wake up from a nightmare and our mom would comfort her." Clawd said. My eyes widened when he told me that. "I didn't know. I never meant to hurt her." I said. "But she's been getting better. Ever since you came back." Clawd said.

I looked up and then an idea came to me. "Hey, Clawdeen likes music, right?" I asked. "Yeah, she loves it as much as fashion designing." Clawd said. "Then I think I know what to do. I can play my guitar for her." I said. "Huh, honestly, she might like that. Especially if it's you." Clawd said. We fist bumped and headed back to his place so I can work on a song for Clawdeen. There's only two weeks before Christmas. I had my work cut out for me.

|Montage Starts|

Third Person POV:
Clawdeen is seen in her room designing something in her book. Running through different ideas.

Jingle bell, Jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring